About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

AMAZING Moroccan Curry


Maybe I have a love/hate relationship with Kashi- hate one of their cereals for cutting my mouth but LOVE LOVE LOVE their new whole grain pilaf instant mixes!!!

I had no idea it was going to taste this good, here is what I decided to throw together:

Kashi Whole Grain Pilaf: Moroccan Curry . It heats in 1 minute in the micro and includes:

  • 7 Whole Grain & Sesame Pilaf- buckwheat, barley, hard red winterwheat

  • Carrots

  • Coconut Puree

  • Lentils

  • Dried Currants

  • Cilantro

  • Curry

  • Ginger Puree

  • Hint of Cayene
( all in that package!!! - you dump it into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute! )

To make it more of a fufilling meal I added:

  • Ground Turkey ( 99% lean left over from last night)

  • Can of Garbanoz Beans ( chickpeas)

  • Frozen, then Heated Spinach

  • Dired Cranberries

  • Chopped Almonds

  • A little sprinkle of cheese for some dairy

I normally despise the savory/sweet combos but this one I really enjoyed. It was only a hint of the coconut and dried currants, and spicy but not overwhelming. All the added ingredients went together so nicely... turkey with cranberries, spinach, almonds, beans, lentils and whole grains.... it was deliciousness in a bowl and took like 2 minutes to make!

Body: Run- 2.5 miles 18 minutes, Elliptical 15 minutes, Bike 7 miles 15 minutes, Strength: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Mind: going to study in the library!

Soul: I have organized several "return" purchases to do all in one trip vs. several whenever in hopes to save on gas, Great TV night with Biggest Loser and Privelidged ! That meal was totally awesome too, it made me feel really proud of myself for throwing it together so quick!

1 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh looks good!! Hooray for a good Kashi product, haha ;0)

Enjoy your fun tv night!