About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

I almost forgot!


Lunch Yesterday:

I grabbed this on my way to shopping yesterday because I had a later breakfast and knew I was going to the gym after. It looks just like whats on the package! Any runners out there- These are super quick, great pre or post fuel! They have MicroLactin for "joint health".... The Lemon Flavor was Phenomenal!
Nutrition profile at 200 calories, 12 g of protein (whey) and 4 g of fiber 30 g carbohydrates
Here is their web description :
The 'Be-Kind-To-Runners' Bar
If you are a runner, you know the pounding your joints can take - and so do we. The Detour Runner Bar was made just for you. It contains whey protein and MicroLactin®, a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory derived from milk proteins that has been reported to improve joint health and function

I am highly impressed wth Detour overall because they also had "Yoga" bars, which have "lemon balm" which is supposed to help with calming you- so that you can focus.

I am iffy on the "core strength" bar because it has "ribose" to help the primary source of energy ATP.... I haven''t eaten it yet, but to my knowledge of studying for this Advanced Nutrient Metabolism class , ribose is already made sufficiently in your body. It is interesting that it is now able to be put into a bar! We will have to see!

I also have to research Microlactin more especially with my knee problems and running and Lemon Balm for calmness, neither which I have heard of before. Have any of you ?

0 comments: