About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monday Lunch!

Grilled chicken, veggies with basil and half a ww wrap... ( the broccoli and chicken+ sauce was from south beach living frozen chicken caprese. I have posted one on here before, It has 240 calories and 22g of protein. The ingredients are ( in my opinion) very good, not as great as whole foods but in the essence of time and taste and convience (I needed to eat asap after my fantastic workout), I have one of these plus I added extra mix veggies and a ww wrap for healthy grains.

I love those unexpected, don't really want to get sweaty and move around, i'm tired but we'll see how far I get kind of workout sessions that turn out to be AWESOME!
Strength training: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps and Hamstrings ( I did romainian deadlifts and ham curls!)..
Elliptical 20 minutes
Run: 3 miles! my pace was at 7:53 min/mile for the first, 7:00 min/mile for mile 2, 7:30 for the last!

Woohoo!

I had to jet to class, print out the research matrix for college female dining choice literature research and then run back home ( we were supposed to go to jeff's parents for dinner but we were both too tired once we got home and hungry! so the FASTEST high protein filling dinner I could think of ...
Eggs! I used 2 eggs and 4 egg whites, scrambled with some 1% milk and green beans w carrots!
YUMMMMMMY! I was so hungry that I ate most of it before it hit me to take the photo- I split it in half with Jeff ( who put his in a big white tortilla)... I ate half of the eggs in my other half of ww wrap from lunch!










I almost immediately wanted dessert though, I think that run caught up with me after class so I put together something healthier and AMAZING!
Warmed up 1/2 cup blueberries in the microwave, topped it with a spoonfull of chocolate chips (which slightly melted!), half a chobani vanilla yogurt, added pistachios and almonds... with a leftover wedding cookie!

0 comments: