About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Whirlwind!

I was looking foward to this weekend for a few months now! How silly ! It was great to see my family and meet my parents new neighbors. Jeff caught one of the biggest large mouth bass (on that creek ever !? ) . I ate tons of food , non of which I took pictures of because I could never seem to find my camera and we were just busy chatting/fishing/running/going to the beach/playing. I also needed some relaxation and rest- I remembered a few times to take a picture but then I thought it was more stressfull to go find my camera than it was just to enjoy my meal! I will get this blogging thing down soon enough!

Accomplishments:
- Exchanged 2 Bags EACH of clothing with my sister who lives 4 states away!
-Went for a three mile run without much pain ( afterwards was not too pleasant so I stuck to walking the rest of the time)
- BEACH!!!
-FINALLY had my new favorite dress taken in (Thanks Again Mom!!!)....no moo moo anymore!
- Got up before 8:30 am everyday
-Left with a top-to-bottom clean house, and came back to a Clean House!
-Window Treatments!!!! Mom gave me her bamboo shades that she had ordered for her entire house, only they weren't seemed shut at the edges... somehow she got to keep the defaults and got an entire new order. She gave me the un-edged ones to hang here! We desperately need window treatments that are not $2 mini blinds covered in dirt! ( i really hope they fit!!)
- Read two chapters and three research articles on Native American/ American Indian Health Disparities .... I need to conjure my thoughts for a response paper to these readings due Wednesday afternoon ( gees my time/day is all off with Labor Day Travels!)
- Had a brainstorm idea about my clothing/life.... I have TONS of clothing, some of it doesnt fit but some does and I just dont wear it. In attempts to simplify my life, I am going to organize a "Laural's Closet Sale" I will invite my co-workers, friends, etc and just have my clothes out for them to try on/take. I think I will have a "donations not needed but cherished" so that way if anyone wants to give a contribution they can without feeling guilty? I already have four dresses, 24 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, 6 pairs of shorts, 4 skirts. I have three more closets to go through, and three "winter" boxes.


Need to Do:

For the house:
- wash walls
- hang the bamboo shades (mount the brackets on the frames)
- check out lazyboy for sofas, loveseats,
-check out online shopping or furniture

For Classes:
- Read Brillat Savarin for tomorrow nights class
-Start and Finish Response Paper to Native American health
-Adv. Metabolism notes-questions- go over, transfer, make new binder for that class
- Search for research articles on college female dining and meet with group (wednesday) for research methods class


Buffalo NEW YORK in 10 Days for Jeff's cousin's Wedding and his moms birthday!!! I have had my dress hanging up for about two weeks!

Weekend Wrap Up on Food:

Friday Night- some mini mini cookies after arriving at mom and dad's
Saturday:
B: Egg whites, ww wheat english muffin, banana, smart balance chunky peanut butter ( my mom had it and it was AWESOME! she also sent me home with Organic Smuckers All Natural- Thanks Mom!!)
L: Light Wheat Wrap with turkey and roast beef, lots and lots of veggies snacked on throughout the parents party... lots of fresh fruit too ( pineapple, grapes from the neighbors vine, cherries, watermelon, cantelope)
Snack: a few mini cookies, a slice of heavenly buttercream frosted cake.. really i kept it at about a tablespoon of icing and a bite of cake- it was really all i wanted/needed!
Dinner: chicken, veggies, roasted potatoes
Dessert: a brownie, a mini cake ( i mean mini- it was about 1/2 inch wide and high)
a glass of white wine

Sunday: pretty much the same thing... except no snack of cookies-- instead I had a TLC Dark Chocolate Cherry granola bar at the beach... Dinner was chili! I made a cornbread pudding that turned out seemingly fantastic

Today : Lunch I had more of a salad with grilled chicken strips, tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, then on the way home had another Kashi Granola Bar, Dinner we went to the best pizza place around- I got a big ny style slice and a small greek salad....

0 comments: