About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday- Nana here I come

Body: Yoga and for sure a trip to the gym even if just for cardio ( based on my knee pain, I am hoping to run while at the lake with KC (jeff's sister) but other than that - it will be no formal "exercise" for the weekend. I am planning on taking my laptop and bringing Rodney Yee to keep me balanced. My pace is usually under 8:00 min/ mile for up to 8 miles, and usually when I run with a partner I just adjust to the slower pace. So it should work out pretty well since KC runs about a 10:00 minute mile, I should get a nice more leisure run and not worry over running at my usual pace.

Mind: Playing suduko to keep my mind sharp! I am slightly addicted so I only do two a day! I have an assignment , the draft of an IRB proposal for monday, but other than that- my mind is craving rest from the two exams and research papers.

Soul: Yoga, I just decided to meditate also. Cleaned up my room/laundry. I am still slowly working on my "Closet Sale" pile by pile- I have a big pile to go through today. I also want to get to the store and pick up a Nike Ipod sensor for my shoes. I decided on keeping the shoes my dad got me... Nike Air Zoom Triax+ ... they feel wonderful and fit perfect right now, but I am not sure how they will handle 8 miles at a time for example. We will see...

Not the best picture... :-/
Breakfast: A Kashi Blueberry Waffle, warmed melty wild blueberries, half a banana with pb, most of a chobani vanilla.. all on my mushroom plates. They are SOOOO 70's druggie era but have to get pitched before we get anything new- and anything new we want to decide on together...etc etc.

Happy Friday to all ! Hope you have fantastic runs for those of you racing, Hope you have enjoyable weekends whatever you may be up to!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I've never been able to figure out suduko... kudos to you for being able to do it, haha :0)

Great breakfast, as usual!!

Enjoy your weekend plans!!

Unknown said...

that breakfast looks delicious! especially the blueberry "sauce/topping." did you make that? is it just melted blueberries and thats it? looks really good!

B_Hlthy said...

Yep, that is it. I just buy frozen blueberries ( I bought a big 3 pound bag of frozen wild dole blueberries at walmart for like $8-9) .. I just grabbed a 1/3 of a cup, put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and thats it.