About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Confidence~ Thank You!

I am feeling confident about this exam today! Wooohooo!

I studied this morning on campus, met with the professor to go over questions and just had lunch with April my project buddy ( I totally brought my camera and It DIDNT WORK! i think the battery is dead... darn! I had a yummy salad with a tiny slice of roast beef, glob of cottage cheese, kidney beans, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, celery, tomato, cauliflower, and two pieces of honeydew.... :-( sad face b/c i tried to take a pic! ) and... we scored an interviewee for our project!( interviewing a college freshman about their diet choices)

So... I wish I could take the exam right now and get it over with. I don't want to study much more because I feel like it would only jumble things up! I figured I could blog a little in my "spare time" and get my mind off the exam ( de-stressify!) I also brought gym clothes with me so I could de-stressify at the gym after this crazy week!

My next post I will type up info on :
glycogenesis ( the formation of glucose to glycogen)....
glycogenolysis ( the subsequent breakdown of glycogen back to glucose)..
glycolysis ( the breakdown of glucose to pyruvate),
the breakdown of pyruvate to Acetly CoA OR lactate ( which then get further broken down) and

.... PPP pentose phosphate pathway- which breaks down glucose into compounds that are then rebuilt back into glucose for the pathways above ( I know weird right? why break it down only to build it back up?)


And just a side note, THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU! For all the wonderful comments, supportive feedback, etc. to my post last night. I was quite nervous about posting it because I would hate for people to be turned away by reading and knowing more about my history. I ultimately feel great about posting it, because it felt like I was finally letting my guard down. I love every single comment that I get, it makes me feel so fantastic to know other people pay attention to what I'm writing and it feels phenomenal.

Thank you everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that was very courageous of you to reveal yourself like that. i had no idea you struggled with any of that, but it is so inspirational how you were able to overcome it. your honesty means a TON =)

good luck with all the work you have!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B_Hlthy said...

Thank you thank you!
It was totally because of your good luck wishes-- I did Great! Or at least it felt great- I know I missed a few minor points on one enzyme but Thank You!!