I decided to make these bad boys because I love Andes Candies. The recipe called for their chips but I just crushed up the whole dinner mints instead. I also didn't use the frosting in that recipe I used a "winter white frosting recipe" that looked snowy and divine.
Original Recipe : Creme De Menthe Brownies from Cooking with Paula, Nov/Dec.2005
B-Healthy Recipe, 01-05-2009
- 1 Tablespoon Meringue powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Smart Balance Butter
- hot water as needed ( less than a tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar together until creamy. Add eggs (and substitute), one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Fold in mint chips. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- While brownies are baking, prepare frosting. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, confectioners’ sugar, meringue powder; beat with an electric mixer until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency using hot water if needed.
- Remove pan from oven and allow brownies to cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cover with frosting. Top with shaved mint thins (I didn't have any left)