About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Breakfast Lunch Lunch Dinner

So should I start at the beginning or end? .. hmmm I think I will start with dinner and finish with breakfast...

Dinner:
Chicken Veggie Soup + Sammy + Kale
I did enjoy this can of soup- although I don't care for potatoes in my soup unless it is potato soup and there was barely any chicken- this soup was tasty especially for a can variety.

1 BLOG 008
On the side some toasted kale and a sammy... Look at how huge this ONE leaf of Kale is!?
1 BLOG 010
Toasted that with my sandwich on Newmans Own Double Fiber Bread- I had turkey with mustard and used two slices of toast. Unfortunately, the top slice got completely burned so I just had one slice. Good thing because I was SO full from the soup!
1 BLOG 012

Lunch #2 - Sandwich thin with chicken (deli slices)...

1 BLOG 007

Lunch #1 before class Zone Chocolate Almond Raisin- While I prefer to eat whole foods rather than bars, This protein packed guy is just so tasty to me! It has whole almonds and raisins inside and covered in chocolate.
1 BLOG 006

Breakfast:
Steel Cut Oats with banana and pb and a mini smoothie ( love the mini cup!). The smoothie had lots of wild organic blueberries, ground flax (yah!) and vanilla protein powder, and organic milk.

1 BLOG 005

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

All looks good!!



**Just as a heads up: I will not be able to comment on blogs as often now, during this semester, due to work overload (I'm stressed already) - PLEASE know that I'm still loyally reading, but just won't have time to comment. I hope you understand!!

Erica said...

What a great day of eats! I hate when they say a soup is chicken soup and there is hardly any chicken in it!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try that Zone bar! I have that soup in my cupboard! Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

is that magic bullet? i actually have magic bullet cups that look exactly like your cups! i should seriously use my magic bullet ;]

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the support im glad you commented i can't wait to read up on your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I don't like potato in my soups much either.
I need to try me some kale!!

Anonymous said...

wait a minute...that bar is considered a lunch or a snack? I have such a big appetite! I'm seeing a lot of people eating kale...I have honestly never tried it and don't even know what it is...any advice? I want to branch out and try new things.

hope you had a great Tuesday!

aussirish said...

all your eats look fantastic :), especially the chicken soup!
have a great night

B_Hlthy said...

NO WORRIES Veggie Girl ! I completely understand!

Erica ME TOO!! It was tasty but like three little bites of chicken!

S&Healthy They are really inexpensive, about 210 calories. You inspired me to write about them this morning a little bit more..Hope you have a great one too!

Bluesky: Yes- well it is the same thing but its brand is "bella kitchen". I LOVE it for smoothies for two people and for mixing up pudding or mixing any little amount of things!

Hope: Thanks for your comment as well! Hugs!

Mads:
I <3 Follow My Weigh-

Sweet and Mads:
Kale is really easy to toast- its just like a tougher spinach, I rinse, rip apart, salt, then toast on high for a few minutes. It reminds me of salty, airy popcorn but has great vitamins and minerals. It is SO cheap too...

Sweet: I will write about the zone bar in a post today- it was a "mini lunch"...It is not a complete meal or substitute, but for the scheduling it was an easy grab.

Aussirish: hope you had a great night too!!