About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Food Post Monday

Morning:
Steel Cut Protein Oats

I made a smoothie using pineapple, blueberries, ground flax seed, organic milk and vanilla protein powder ( about half my normal size).

Then I used some of that smoothie and mixed it with quick cook steel cut oats and water- microwaved that and sliced a half banana into it. Of course peanut butter on top. It is just so delicious, smooth and salty with the sweet banana and chewy oats !
1 BLOG 008


lunch : quick ( and weird, i know) version of an omelet
I took frozen broccoli, asparagus and brussel sprouts and heated them thoroughly. I added three egg whites then microwaved that until the eggies were cooked. On top, I put some leftover tomato sauce and hot sauce and a little sprinkle of cheese.
1 BLOG 010
On the side I had a piece of cinnamon sugar toast
1 BLOG 012

Afternoon Snack
1 BLOG 013
Strawberries, Blueberries and Mango with Cabot Cottage Cheese and nonfat greek yogurt..



Semi-Homemade Dinner
1 BLOG 015
Sweet potato fries ( frozen at TJ), asparagus spears (frozen at TJ) - baked in my toaster oven for 20 minutes
1 BLOG 016
and pork tenderloin ( with a little hot sauce for a kick) cooked in the real oven for 20 minutes and Kashi rice pilaf ( instant package, cooked in the microwave for 90 seconds and I added red pepper flakes for another kick!)...

yummmy!
Gym trip was fantastic, about to watch pineapple express... AND there are already a ton of school closings and its still like 43* outside how funny!

1 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great eats and gym trip!!


**Don't eat any PB Cookie Larabars or Jamfrakas bars - they were recalled!!:

https://www.larabar.com/secure/recall/LARABAR_JAMFRAKAS_FAQ.pdf