About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Accomplishments:

Laundry!

Body:
45 Minutes of Yoga, 20 minutes Strength Train (back, biceps, quads) and 40 minutes Elliptical!
I am way too eager but hoping to have my knee in good enough condition to start running again next week!

Mind:
First class! Advanced Nutrient Metabolism! We talked about carbohydrate types today and I know it will be hard but a great class!

Soul:
Meditated ( and bought some of my textbooks!)

Breakfast:
Smoothie!
3/4 scoop pure protein
3/4 chobani
5 ice cubes
1 small banana
Ground Flax
- A few Just Bunches and Grape Nuts on top!

Lunch:
I saved some of last nights dinner!
1/2 sweet potato (curried slices)
2 oz ahi tuna
1/2 cup zuchinni

Pre Class/ Workout Snack:
Newly made Trail Mix made of:
smart start oat bites
grape nuts raisin almond mix
just bunches
and.. pistachios/pecans/almonds/walnuts nut mix i just got at Walmart!

( at the teleseminar these four nuts are the highest in Omega 3 Fatty Acids - which help reduce cholesterol-- the highest of them is Pecans! not almonds or walnuts as I thought!)

Dinner:
I sliced chicken sausage, mushrooms and organic polenta - put it all in a pan with a teaspoon of olive oil.... i tasted it but I really dont like sausage of any kind!.. i made it more for jeff and because i wanted to make polenta!

So I had a slice of polenta with aged cheddar, a whole wheat wrap with 2 oz grilled chicken and about 1/2 cup veggies. I saved room for my latest purchase "Caramel Toffee Crunch" Fat free, no sugar added Ice cream by Blue Bunny...

I will tell you what, it was awesome! I hate that it has such a large name but considering I dont ever like ice cream it was a great treat!

2 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

i love your categories!

B_Hlthy said...

thanks! i thought it would be a little more reader friendly- despite you are my only reader so far!