About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Body: I think with the Soul section you will see, I just needed to rest today. Fridays are always days that seem to have everything "catch up" on me at once. I am going to take Jack on a walk around the neighborhood in a few minutes after job -searching!

Mind: I have been job searching this afternoon and reading on the internet!

Soul: I slept in the extra half an hour after realizing I could this morning and... I took a nap after lunch too! I think I needed "rest" not necessarily sleep. The difference being I needed an outlet for stress ( the doctor's this week, faxing troubles, driving around, told I can't work, etc. )... This is one of those times where I really pay attention to that question I often try to ask myself Laural, "What are you REALLY HUNGRY for?" ... my body tells me I am hungry for rest & relaxation!
* also see below, I am going to a high school football game tonight! I cant wait to see it because in high school I never watched the games from the stands- I was always cheerleading on the sidelines! *


Breakfast:
No Smoothie! I want to see how I go without one today!
I had a chobani vanilla, a small banana with a big teaspoon of pb, some grape nuts raisin almond mix and 1/2 grapefruit.

---- It held me about as long as the protein smoothies but I also went into work and mostly sat and used brain energy for data. I was starving at about 11:15, a little earlier than if I had a smoothie! That is great news so I know I can stick with a smoothie if I need staying power!

Lunch:
I think this is one of my favorite lunches: A whole wheat wrap with grilled chicken, fresh cut veggies for munching/crunching... something sweet to finish: a few bites of mixed nuts and a couple dark chocolate chips!


We are going to Jeff's brother-in-laws high school football game ( he is a coach)... I am really excited because I haven't been to a high school fball game since... 2000... 8 years!!!! WOW...
I am planning on a treat at the game of some sort ( or after) ... and also planning on making something quick and healthy for dinner before we go ( so we can save money at the stadium!) Jeff even said "id like to eat something at home too since i know it will be hard for you to find something healthy you like" .... he knows me so well.

By the way, I am starting to add pictures to my blog. I just needed to get the hang of my posts, when to post, then figure out how to add in the pics ( still working on it). So look for improvements~~!! suggestions on adding pics to this are more than welcome!!


--- Update---
Dinner:
Whole Wheat Pasta
Hunt's Chunky Vegetable Sauce
Ground Turkey with chopped mushrooms added in

Delicious! One of my favorite meals! I kept my portions small because we didnt really have time, and because I figured on a treat later!

The football game was GREAT! Jeff's brother's team lost but not by much, we sat in the stands with Jeff's mom, stepdad, sister and her two little ones 4 and 6. Jeff's mom packed enough treats for everyone! She packed small serving bags of m&m 's! peanut, peanut butter, dark chocolate! I had a peanut pack and traded Jeff for some of his peanut butter... then I split my bag with his neice Haleigh!
It was fun to watch the cheerleaders and game and play 4 yr old games like "If i throw this ball to you and it rolls through your legs you win, if it doesnt you lose"

We got back from the game at about 11 and I was starving!! I think it was all of the walking to/from the visitor's stands, playing with the kiddos, and trips to the bathroom ( with the kiddos). So I had a bag of "smart puffs" by the pirate's booty brand... Its like cheetos natural puffs, cheese ball-ish... but much healthier ingredients!

0 comments: