About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Out of Work

Breakfast today was another smoothie before my appointment with the Orthopedic. I made the smoothie with:
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 scoop pure protein chocolate
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 chobani plain
1/2 tray of ice
It was all halfs! I didn't like it as much as yesterdays, it was watery today and too cold but I was out of bananas, pb, and only making one serving anyway.

Orthopedic: I go back in 3 weeks, I did not tear any ligaments and the xray looked okay. He asked if I have ever dislocated anything but I havent. I very well may have dislocated my knee and then since I ran again and popped it back in. Either way, I have a new knee brace and physical therapy. He said I could "do whatever I wanted as long as I had no pain"...

Lunch: I bought groceries after the doctors so I had a banana with peanut butter, some fresh broccoli, carrots, snap peas with a Tb of hummus, the other half of my chobani. Then I booked it to work only to be sent home... I needed a doctors "work restrictions" since I showed up to work with my knee brace. If an aggresive student comes toward me etc. and I injure myself further, my boss doesnt want to deal with workers comp. So I was sent home... So I went to the gym.. I did the elliptical (45 minutes) which felt GLORIOUS after all this rest! I did some lifting ( the usual split is chest, shoulders, tri's and hamstrings today, then back, bi's and quads next session)

Post Workout Snack: I had half a protein bar- about 100 calories and 12g protein

Dinner: At Jeff's parents again! I "never" really eat fried food as in I don't order it often at restaurants. We had chicken wings, fried green tomatoes, homemade caesar salad... I had about 8 of the tiny wings ( I took off the skin on most of them), two slices of the tomatoes ( i picked off the fried breading!) and the caesar salad is a great recipe Jeff's stepdad came up with ( anchovies , garlic, dry mustard, olive oil, canola oil, and 1 egg boiled for 1 minute)

Jeff's little brother was in town so we went to watch Jeff's hockey game this evening! It was so cold in the rink but it was nice to see him play!He even scored and I saw it! He also got a stick in the throat- ouch!

0 comments: