About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday!
Breakfast I tried a smoothie!
1.5 scoops Pure Protein Chocolate Flavor ( 110 kcal a scoop-23g protein)$
1/4 c frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana
1 cup 1% milk
1/2 chobani plain,
1 T PB
1 tray ice cubes

I used my birthday present blender for the third time since last year and split the contents into two glasses ( one for me one for jeff). I also threw in some new Smart Start Strawberry Oat Bites ...
Tasted Fantastic! But after running around with Matthew all morning, by 10:30 I was starving! The hunger went away but I scarfed down my orange and balance bar at lunch! I also had my green tea.

I also made an appointment for the orthopedic tomorrow... hoping I hear good news about my knee... its killing me and I hate that I can't run!!!!! ( although walking without pain would be SUPER right now!)

I had a Welcome Back Dinner for grads and new grads in the nutrition program! We had 17 new grad students join the nutrition program this fall! How awesome! I hope I make some friends my age! I love all my current friends but none of them have the passion for nutrition and fitness as I do!
Dinner was eggplant parmesean, carrots, green beans, scalloped potatoes, salad with cucumber/carrot/tom. I had the apples from the apple pie dessert and the chocolate from the chocolate pie dessert! I am very picky about my desserts!

Horray for a little bit of sleeping in tomorrow!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

lauren, im loving the blog! hows the running coming??

Caitlin said...

aw i just saw on kath's you hurt your knee! i hope you feel better.