About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

Well, I enjoyed running in the rain. I woke up at 8 to Jack crawling under the bed, making a huge thumping noise. Then I heard the thunder and rain and went back to sleep until 10:30!!!! I never sleep that late- after lifting yesterday and fighting off a cold- I was wiped out!

So I had my usual breakfast of oatmeal but added ginger! I wasn't a fan of ginger at first but then really enjoyed the combo with cinnamon, I also had 1/2 a banana with peanut butter, 1/2 a grapfruit, ground flax and 3 egg whites.

I downloaded 7 new songs!! I hate spending money period, but it felt great knowing that I was spending a few dollars on myself to pep up my running!

So off I went, despite the rain, I ran 2.92 miles (the whole route) then did another half and back (so 2.2 ish)to make an even 5 mile run. 4.92 miles in 38 minutes- I would estimate 5 miles in under 40 minutes. The route I did had four huge hils, those were tough. My knee yelled at me a few times- but I figured out what I have done to my knee. I get the pain when I point my foot or try to take a longer stride and land on my heel. I remeber this short video clip about running form and it says to have a "track foot" which means flex your foot and land on the balls of your feet. So thats what I kept telling myself to do and no more pain!

Woohoo!!
For lunch I had a small salad with snap peas, purple cabbage, mixed greens and "roasted chipotle mango" salmon ( in a package like tuna)- I wrapped half the salmon in whole wheat wrap with a pickle and ate the rest on the salad. Not the best salmon flavors but I liked the nutrition value and price!

Now its off to buy a dress for the upcoming weddings!

0 comments: