About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Body: Rested... :-) And it felt good... but I did do some morning Yoga to start my day off right
...
Mind: If you could not tell I got through three sections of nutient metabolism, and took notes for my midterm tuesday ( on Gastronomical me- which I also have to finish the reflection paper on - using my notes)! Planning on doing another hour's worth of that tomorrow morning before heading back over to Momma Mo's ( Jeff's Mom's House)

Soul: Yoga, Being productive on my school work, Eating the best lasagna ever, and...who doesnt love a little dancing... I took a break to snap this, but I help and dance too... This is how Jeff's family does the dishes! With music and dancing ... That is Jeff's sister, his nephew D-Rock shakin his booty ( he is 4), Jeff in the middle, and Jeff's half brother PJ (Per) . I have so many of these shots and you will for sure see more , especially with the holidays around the corner!

Dinner:


His mom's lasagna is one of the absolute best I have ever had ( sorry mom- your's holds its special place too.. ) I felt no guilt in grabbing a nice slice, with her special extra sauce and garlic bread and the family recipe for homemade caesar salad. It is just so good- and I could never make it as good as she can make it taste. I know I ate "too much" vs. what I truly need because I had no desire for dessert! Which is unheard of! I was full but I wasn't "thanksgiving full". I am planning an intense workout tomorrow so I will need the CHO's stored into glycogen for my muscles anyway.

* On a side note, I haven't always been able to reflect like that and feel "alright" about consuming a meal-size like that without knowing specific ingredients or nutrition info. I know I haven't wrote much about my past eating on here and at some time I probably will. For now, I think my only message is : feeling good about what you eat is important for everyone to have a healthier relationship with food! Less stress , more enjoyment (but not gluttony) !

1 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great day you had; and I LOVE your message!! Great advice.

Good luck on Tuesday's midterm!!

By the way, I will be at my dance showcase ALL DAY today, so I will probably not be able to comment on your next post - I apologize in advance!!