About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cockadoodledoo!

Up early and breakfast was made before the sun (er..clouds) came out!

Smoothie Recipe for 2: different today and in the order I put it in the blender...

1.25 cups 1% milk 130 cal
1 large banana 120 cal
1/2 c frozen peaches 35 cal
1/4 c frozen blackberries 20 cal
(2 cherries for extra sweetness) 20 cal
1 scoop of protein ( 110 cal, 23 g protein)
1 teaspoon -ish of peanut butter 50 cal ( thats an overestimate)

I haven't done a calorie count on this but I am going to just out of curiousity.. I have estimated the smoothies I have been making are about 200 cal/each....(usually depending on pb, it may be more like 250)

So for today's divided by two, for Jeff and Me... (total is 375 calories...37 g protein)
Each were 186 calorie, 18 g protein, 3 g fat, 22 g

Which is good to know, because I like to add flax, more peanut butter sometimes, sometimes I eat it with some cereal, etc etc so I understand why a few of the days I didnt I found myself hungrier earlier ...( 3-4 hours later)

Off to do some shopping, health insurance phone calls, and hopefully get a cross training day in ( elliptical and strength) if not I can always take a rest day!

I have to meet with my group at 2 for monday class, and review notes from biochem ( adv. nutrient metabolism class this afternoon- test is in 2 weeks!)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Another great breakfast!

Enjoy your busy day!

Caitlin said...

did your doctor clear you to run again? that is glorious!

B_Hlthy said...

He did, but I have to do a follow up as soon as my insurance cards arrive. In the midst of all this, my employer cut my insurance off too early- so i couldnt get the medicine he had prescribed- spent lots of money to get it finally- and now have new insurance so they will cover once I get the info!
Phew!

I have been easing back into it- I was scared I lost my pace but I haven't lost too much! wooohoo!