About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Conquered: Case of the Blah's

Dinner: Ribeye steaks were on sale at Harris Teeter BOGO! I never buy red meat because 1. its so expensive! and 2. its higher in sat. fat.. and 3. I never know what constitutes "good meat"...

However, I do enjoy it! I use to not get enough iron, and drinking coffee can inhibit iron absorbtion so thats like a double whammy ( i can't believe I just used that phrase but it seemed to fit).
5 oz Steak ( just pepper and grilled- I started the grill and everything too!!!), Asparagus with lemon pepper seasoning, Kashi Rice Pilaf (its not the fiesta kind, its just the New "Instant" 7 Grain Pilaf )








Snack
I had some serious research to do for classes so I came back to campus after lunch/shower and had to dash back... I packed this tlc honey almond flax bar and ate in the library!







Lunch
Turkey sandwhich on 7 grain Light, with mustard ( in memoriam of my first food experience see post) - haha! Plus lots of fresh cut veggies... I only ate a bit of the chobani because I was full from everything else.

I ate on a paper towel because our sink is clogged and I don't want to pile in more dishes...ick!
This bread ( It took me forever to pick out a loaf at the store. People came and went and looked oddly at me looking at the ingredients! It took so long because I hate bread that is high in calories {because you add all this stuff to them, which makes it too big or filling to eat, etc} i hate bread that has High Fructose Corn Syrup, i hate bread that has no fiber... I don't really enjoy bread for the most part at all really. I do, however, enjoy this bread very much for its taste, cost, and calorie size... despite that the 8th or 9th (?or so) ingredient on the list is fructose, and corn syrup....


Before lunch I had a GLORIOUS Run of 4.5 miles! I tell you, I had a case of the blah's after breakfast and there is nothing like a good run to fix em!
I did campus loops + ... each loop on the road is 1.25 but I try to run extra on the ground if I can to avoid traffic and get better cushioning from grass/dirt. My first loop was 13 minutes, 2nd was 11 minutes, 3rd was ~ 2 miles~ in 16 minutes... Lots of stretching after!


Thanks for the early birthday wishes!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for the mustard, haha ;0)

Ahh, ignore those people - at least YOU care about what's in the bread!! Kudos!!

Glorious run, indeed!!

Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!!

Anonymous said...

=P! i also eat on paper towels so i can save washing the dishes. and also people look at me weird too at the grocery store, when i stay at one spot while they've been around the entire store. and its really embarressing when workers have come up to me and asked if they could help me because i looked really lost and confused. haha, i was just concentrating on the nutritional info!

B_Hlthy said...

Veg: Thanks! You are so friendly and sincere, i really appreciate you taking time to comment on my blog! I have to go get the ingredient list from your blog for your pumpkin loaf...

Madison: That is so funny (well embarrassing too!)- at least I'm not alone out there staring at the nutrition label!

Hooray for paper towels... well.. I don't have a dish washer so anything that does not require dishes is nicer for me right now!