About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Banana's Foster Stuffed French Toast Day 3




1/2 cup egg beaters
2 Tb milk
whisk until frothy

One slightly toasted piece of bread ( arnold bread is big! 100 cal/slice!) , toasted while I whisked and heated up my pan.
I dunked the toast in the egg mix, and dropped it into the pan on med heat. Immediately sprinkled with Pumpkin Pie Spice.
As it cooked I took frozen blueberries, strawberries and some mango and thawed it in the microwave (half cup total)
Then:
-Flipped the french toast
-Sliced banana into the other empty part of the pan
-Took out the french toast- Added greek yogurt as its stuffing ( about 1/2 cup)
-Layered the banana on top
-Drop the rest of the eggs into the pan
I used the yogurt as a barrier for the syrup but didnt work that well on my smaller plate!

YUM!

Todays was better than Day 1. I actually really liked the pumpkinny eggs today ( from the leftover spice residue in the pan)... they werent "sweet" but they had this sweet spice to them that reminded me of like a custard or something...

Gym or Run... not sure which yet ( friday has been a fantastic running day the past two weeks+)
Read over yogurt research, research more for native american health disparities ( I am actually going to be doing an article on Childhood Obesity among Native American children )
Read over notes from last week's Advanced Nutrient Metabolism Class...
Finish Organic Inc Chp. 6 ( my chapter for presentation)

Yoga fo sho! Namaste

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS FRENCH TOAST!!! See??? I knew it'd work out today :0)

Enjoy your day!!

Danielle said...

YUM is right. That french toast sounds fab!

Namaste :)

HangryPants said...

Well it looks delicious!

Namaeste.