About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

"I thought I'd try out my sea legs" .... "Lieutenant Dan, you ain't got no legs..."

Yes I know that...
( apologies to those who have not seen it, you probably won't understand any of this post )
Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows.

I dragged myself to the gym with a case of the "Blahs" but I wore my knee brace and my running -only shoes. Mama says they was magic shoes, They could take me anywhere.
So Today, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. I might as well just turn back, keep right on going At 5 miles, I figured I would just stop but then I though I will go to 6.4 because I like 10K's... then at 6.4 I figured I would even it out to 7 because I like the number 7. I felt like if I really wanted to, I could run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours. I thought to myself ... I'm pretty tired, I think I'll go home now.

So I went home and made some lunch! Hope you enjoyed that, everything in italics is directly from Forrest Gump, it just seemed so appropriate !

Salmon, leftover angel hair, some goddess dressing, and tons of veggies!




  • spinach


  • carrot


  • asparagus


  • cauliflower


  • red pepper


  • yellow squash


  • red cabbage


  • snap peas


  • broccoli
Jeff just called with free tickets to The State Fair!!! Its over in a few days and not really all its cracked up to be but I did want to catch the Slow Food exhibit and maybe eat a fried turkey leg or fried oreos. I hear they have fried pecan pie this year. Quite honestly, I am open to trying anything but I tend to just not want that kind of stuff. Whatever it is, I know I can just enjoy eating it since it happens once a year if that.

We'll see if we go and I will probably not post lunch and dinner pics until later but will for sure take pics!!!

** Before I left for class I grabbed this baggie full of Kashi crackers- there was one serving in there. I actually didn't want them but thought since I ran so much, by the time class rolls around I will be starving and not be able to pay attention so if that would be the case- I grabbed the crackers. Good thing because sure enough, fifteen minutes before class while I was reviewing from last week- I was hungry! **

1 comments:

HangryPants said...

I love Forest Gump!