About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Banana's Foster Stuffed French Toast





OMG!
This was freaking delicious! I have been meaning to make french toast but finally bought bread and bananas yesterday afternoon.. So.... I figured I would make a healthy version of Stuffed French Toast with Banana's Foster inside.... YUMMMMMMMMMY

I took the Better n Eggs (I got this bogo- otherwise I would use two egg whites)and added about a Tb Milk into the bowl, then cinnamon, and Beat with a whisk until super frothy.
Into that, I dunked two pieces of (barely toasted so its stiff) bread
Put it into the pan that was heated on medium heat... I sliced the banana into the pan after the bread needed flipped... Then I flipped the bread and sprinkled everything with a tiny teaspoon of brown sugar (prob 1/2 tsp). When the bread was browned and crispy I set it on the plate, Then flipped the bananas in the pan.. I spread a mix of Cabot Cottage Cheese and TJ Greek 0% Yogurt (I mixed it while the bread was cooking)... Then put the banana slices on top/in between..

On the side I cooked the remainder of the eggs, with the last of some blueberries and a strawberry.

SOOOOOO GOOOD!!!

I love bananas in a frying pan

And I used no oil or spray or butter- just put everythin as is into the nonstick!

Ingredients:
1 tsp cinnamon
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup egg beaters
1 T milk
2 slices slightly toasted bread
banana
dash of brown sugar

Stuffing:
1/3 cup cottage cheese
1/3 cup greek yogurt



Today's To Do List:
Body:
Rest my legs ( but probably will do yoga and some strength)

Mind:
Read Organic Inc
Class- Midterm!!!!!

Soul:
Nikki B ( best friend in college) sent me a "wake up" text-- made me laugh- Who doesnt start the day off well when you laugh as soon as you wake up!?!?!
Call about start date with jacob's program director
Return ties I bought for Jeff for the wedding

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SENSATIONAL!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a breakfast!!

I wanted to respond to your question about red lentils. I have never cooked with red lentils so I did a little research and found this site http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--975/all-about-lentils.asp

Apparently it's prefectly normal for red lentils to not hold their shape in the cooking process, kind of like split peas. It also says they cook quickly so maybe 40 minutes what a bit long? I cooked my brown lentils for only 20 minutes and they were perfect.

I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

The french toast looks so incredible. Wow.