About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Friday- Saturday

Friday Wrap Up
Body: GLORIOUS RUN! I felt like a supersonic speed racer... Total distance 7 miles... First 2 miles: 18 minutes... Second Deuce miles: 16 minutes.... Third Duece: 15:40... Last 1 mile: 6 minutes 22 seconds !! Wohooooooooooo! Total time: 56 minutes 2 seconds .. I biked for 2 miles as a cool down, very light and easy.
Absolutely FANTASTIC workout... I feel completely happy and excited to REST saturday!

Post workout I was not hungry at all but knew I should fuel up before heading to andreas... I had a new "Strawberry and Flax Kashi Waffle" - and for the first time- a blueberry nonfat TJ greek yogurt- definately good but since Trader Joes and Lowes ( the only chobani dealer) are in the same complex - I figure it will be a great switch for whichever is on sale...

Mind: Suduko and 1 chapter of SFN

Soul: GIRLS NIGHT!!!! We tied personalized tags to Andrea's favors ( wine bottle stoppers both shells and hearts) while we drank fantastic wine , played Guitar Hero, played Wii Tennis ( had the most awesome time!) and caught up with each other on everything and excitedly discussed wedding details for exactly in ONE week one of my best friend's will be married to one of Jeff's best friends!!

Dinner:
Sundried Tomato and Basil Dressing with added Sundried Tomatoes on top of Chicken- Baked in the oven while we enjoyed our first glass of the pinot I got at TJ- It was great and only like $5 ..Rice and Corn on the side and a Salad with romaine, carrots, red pepper, tomato and onion...
P.S That's the second glass of wine

I decided to start training with this agency to work with Jacob a few hours a week... His mom won't have to pay me and I can get paid for training, re-certified in CPR for "free" and get flexible hours only when I can fit them in. There was the first training today from 9-2 so I had to "work" on a saturday but really just sit and listen to the first training part of working with people with disabilities .

Saturday Morning Breakfast: I tried that frozen steel cut oatmeal from trader joes and was pleasantly suprised with its "Hint of Maple Syrup". It was indeed a great "fast fix" - you take the oatmeal out of the package and heat it in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes.. stir and thats it!
I had a banana with peanut butter and tiny piece of banana bread.... and a spoonful of applesauce and plain greek yogurt ( TJ- the texture is different than chobani, fage, and oikos - I liked it but equally as much as the others)

Saturday Lunch:
I realize it is pitiful but I woke up ( not early) to go to training and I wasn't sure how long it would be or if we had a "lunch hour". We did get a half hour break so I had this granola bar and came home before 2... I will be making something shortly but I did grab some mini chocolate peanut butter cups for now..

Okay or Jeff will be making something as he just announced..


Body : REST! my quads and hammies are actually sore... but in that good way like " hey we should do that more often" kinda way...

Mind: Read a few pages of SFN and will read after I post this! I also have tomorrow to read and research...

Soul: I love the weekends because I get to spend them with Jeff and my friends and ( family sometimes) so being around my favorite people is always fantastic. Andrea and Nate ( the bride and groom) , Me and Jeff, and Brit and Tim are all planning on getting together later for dinner/drinks/??? debauchery ?

Happy Weekend All!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a fantastic Friday, and a super Saturday so far!!

Those peanut butter cups are cute :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey just came across your blog.. i too am a nutrition major and a marathon runner!

Unknown said...

uh..wow!! wish i could run like you!!! GREAT run!