About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Marathon Here I come


Body:
RAN 12.5 MILES!!!! WWWWWAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO@@@

My fake race went superb! I stopped at mile 6 on campus and bought a bag of candy corn ( i had more than this- about 20 pieces total)( no jelly beans)- and boy, did I feel an energy boost! Phew! I feel so much more confident for the marathon next weekend! sigh...

p.s i decided to do a calorie count today only because I ran SO much and know I have a huge deficit to make up- I'm not big on calorie counting in general because I really try to listen to my body and feed it whatever it wants - when it wants it- but for today, I feel like I need to keep track. Plus, it will be helpful for next weekend for the race to kinda gage what I need

interesting notes:
-it was approx. 47 degrees when I started running

-it was approx. 53 degrees when I stopped

-I ran for 1 hour and 48 minutes, 12 miles ( .5 mile jog/walk)

-I felt super slow even though well under the time I thought I would get

- Took off my gloves on mile three
-candy corn was super energy boost!

- came home and immediately made a delicious smoothie (despite not being hungry???)

- when i got home, I was SUPER cold ... I still am really cold after showering and eating and now ready for class






Smoothie ( I drank while getting in the shower because I was so cold but knew I needed to get fuel and to get warm)
1/2 cup milk
3/4 banana
1 Tb pb
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup frozen mango
Delicious - best one I have ever made ! !!
approx. 210 calories

Post shower I had:
Tava "Meditteranean Fiesta"
Flat Out Light Wrap
Rotissere chicken w/o skin

approx. 140 calories




I know this is not enough calories- I am at 700 for the day (w candy corn) but honestly, my stomach does not want anything inside it right now. I know that I burned over 1,000 and "need" the fuel- but I just can't handle anymore right now.

So I will bring a smores z bar & apple with me and know for sure I can get something as soon as I get hungry again before class!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Amaaaaazing run, girl!!! Congratulations!!! :0)

Unknown said...

GREAT job on the run!! =D

me want candy corn...=P!

HangryPants said...

Wow! Congratulations! I hope I can run 12 miles one day! You'll kick butt next weekend.

Erica said...

Wow- that is so awesome! Good for you! You are an inspiration! I am thrilled that you are going to make something for BSI! I can't wait to see it :) Have a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a run! That's my goal someday. Good for you!

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks SO Much everyone! Really, thank you because you are all such an inspiration to me. You are a fantastic group of readers and I am sure you guys can acheive your goals, if they are running or otherwise!