About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats with Banana, Cranberries, Cocunt, Flaxseed, Egg Whites,


I prepared Organic Steel Oats ( bought from Trader Joes for $2.99 for the tub! )
with water- its a 4:1 ratio so I only had 1/2 cup left of dry oats- I started 2 cups water to boil on the stove, then added the oats stirring for the first 5 minutes. Dropped the heat down and let them simmer for 20 minutes...

I took out about a serving, mixed in
1/4 cup organic pumpking (also got at Trader Joes for $2)
1/4 cage free egg whites in a carton (also from TJ for $2)
cinnamon
and.... half teaspoon baking powder ( hooray for not overdoing it!)

After microwaving that for another 1 minute- I added cocunut, organic peanut butter (its hiding under the bananas and flaxseed cereal ( Uncle' Sams) and coconut. Layered that with sliced banana

I ate all the fruit and add-ins but only about half the oats... (in case you are interested- the total calorie count came to 390 for the whole bowl... so what I ate from it was about 290 calories)

Off to run at 8:30!!!I am closing in on this! Woohooo!

Body:
Run

Mind: Love thursday because you all must know its.. Advanced Nutrient Metabolism Day! I will continue to post my notes after classes so it keeps interesting info on the blog AND so it helps me retain information as well!

Also working on my Minority Health Presentation

Soul:

-Hopefully fit in shopping for running gear!
-Clean up the guest room for D-Hurt ( he is coming on monday for a concert monday night! He is the SWEETEST guy- he is a little older than Jeff and used to work with him but quit his chemical engineering after years to be an equipment manager for a professional baseball team! HE LOVES doing their laundry and cooking for them- and he gets paid well! He is one of the most genuine people I know)
- Get back to jacob's mom and the agency that I can't work... not sure how I will do this yet... but by writing about it I really got to work through my thoughts and found out what I needed to do.
Thanks for patience and suggestions when I write about issues like this!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorrrgeous oats!!

Good luck with everything for "soul"! :0)

Lee Lee said...

do you mind sending me a good recipe for pumpkin bread?

(Fortheloveofpeanutbutter@gmail.com)