About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Sprinkles

Update on Body:

I just ran ....9 miles... ! And on the 7th mile I thought of all the great readers on here that comment and knew I could keep going! So THANK YOU ! I ran around my campus 6 times! Each loop is 1.49 miles according to mapmyrun (1.3 according to my car) and I ran extra in between stuff. WOOHOOO! That is the farthest I have run so far - and had I not stepped off into the grass and strained my arch on some rocks-I would have kept going. But at that point, I wouldn't risk any more strain.

Lunch:
Protein Plate: 3 egg whites hard boiled, nonfat greekyogurt from Trader Joes with a scoop of protein powder mixed in AND Halloween Pumpkin sprinkles! hee hee- I wouldn't recommend mixing protein powder like this but it was all function ( recovery muscle fuel )... and for delicious warming comfort- a nice bowl of Quaker Simple Harvest Hot Cereal- mixed with water and a cut up apple inside , cinnamon sprinkled all over! YUM!

Off to shower, then class to fufill all my ( some of my) "Mind" stuff

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

MAJOR congratulations are in order for your run - hooray!! And hooray for pumpkin sprinkles :0)

HangryPants said...

Holy crap. 9 miles is amazing!