About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blogger Secret Ingredient, Pear Quesadila



Pear Quesadilla!


But First I have to thank the wonderful people at Chobani ( Agra-Farma)-They sent me samples of Chobani! I have never tried or had SEEN the peach flavor.

I seriously think this stuff is delicious- its so hard to choose now with such similar competition with TJ, Fage, Oikos, Chobani- I think they are are stellar products! I love the peach!

It went perfectly with my attempt at BSI!!

I made a Pear Quesadilla with Ham ( canadian bacon), and Blue Cheese (crumbles from the Salad Bar at WF)...




First I grilled half of the D-Anjou pear a little in my toaster oven while layering on ingredients ( Whole Wheat Tortilla, Ham, baby spinach, mushroom, mustard, red onion)Here is the whole sliced up Pear Quesadilla with my side of chobani for friday lunch!

On the side I used the remainder of the pear to make a little boat filled with spinach, red bell pepper, red onion, and some blue cheese crumbles!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, what an innovative recipe!! I never think to use pears in savory dishes... kudos!!

Danielle said...

Yum! What a good idea, a pear quesadilla sounds fabulous :)

HangryPants said...

Cool idea! Enjoy the Chobani.