I watched christmas movies last night and keep seeing Holiday stuff all the time ( the only marketing that every seems to influence me is holiday stuff!) So I had this idea last night of making an individual pumpkin pie for breakfast! But, of course, make it "B_Healthy" style. Isn't it cute!? I thought it tasted absolutely fantastic and worth the amount of work/dishes I had to do (considering I usually don't take much time at all)!
Here is what I did:
What to do:
- 1/2 Cup total of Irish oats ( I mixed flaxseed cereal with it too)
- Put into an oven AND microwave safe dish (I used this corningware dish) with
- 1/2 cup water ( so that the oats are soaked but not floating in water)
- Microwaved for 2 minutes
- Spread out oat crust to the sides of the dish so that its a flat crust like shape
- Put oven-safe dish into (toaster) oven at 375 for about 5 minutes
What to do:
- Mix following ngredients into a separate bowl
- 1/4 c organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup egg beaters- or I've used carton egg whites
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- Microwave for 2 minutes till slightly firm
- Take out crust dish w/ oven mitt!
- Spoon this slightly firm mix into the crust dish
- Put back into oven for another 8 minutes + at 375
Topped with a spoonful of "cream" aka nonfat greek yogurt, sprinkled with cinnamon
on the side I had blueberries, cranberries, mango- all frozen and heated in the microwave for a few minutes
Calorie Total if you are interested:
220 for the pie, 10-20 for the yogurt glob, about 50 for the fruit..total about 290
I would like to get in a run before class today but first I would much rather...
..Finish my powerpoint for next wednesday's class- so that I can practice it over the weekend with my family
Got 9.5 hours of sleep! I know I needed it, so I'm not too concerned with getting in the run or not today because I am still stuffy! ICK!! AND.. I had more trouble with my asthma than usual today. So the problem is mentally, I am like "okay lets go lets go, long easy run, project, pack etc etc" but then my body is like "eh!" (annoyingly)... not "ugggh I can't move" (awful)
Does that make sense? Not sure what to do yet...