About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot Chocolate Kind of Day

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Pineapple, Blueberry, Banana, Flaxseed Butter, Organic Milk 1% and
Miini bowl of oats ( just 1/3 cup irish cut mixed with 1/3 cup water, tsp of peanut butter, sprinkle of coconut)









Lunch:
Organic Creamy Leek and Potato Soup, BBQ Tofu Sammy ( with hummus and a tiny piece of cheese)



Dinner:
Whole wheat pasta, garlic herb tomato sauce ( a can of Hunt's and I sherry-ied it up!) and a Tilapia Filet.
I used to eat this my last year in college very often- I loved the tomato sauce and tilapia sprinkled with parmesean- so yummy!

Body:
Still resting ugh! I would love to get me some exercise of any format at this point but the cold wins, I slept literally for 12 hours from last night to this "morning" . I know I needed it but mentally I am dying to exercise~physically just not ready yet.

Mind:
I did make it to class today, we had three presentations on The American Indian- Strong Heart Study, African American Women Obesity, and CVD in non-hispanic foreign born populations...

and.. Gasp, I messed up a suduko! Man I really must be sick!
Soul:
I found this great Southern Living Magazine (The Best Ever Cakes and Pies)

from earlier this year- one of my student's mom's gave this to me during Teacher Appreciation week- I read through it dreaming of all the amazing desserts to make. I am going to share/attempt one with my mom for next week since she bought a springform pan while we shopped together "Lightened Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake" - yum! We may make more too. ( hint hint )
And.. I got this in the mail from her ( I called her to debate whether or not I should get these sheets b/c they were a really good deal)

and... I made this Hot Cocoa, while my pictures were uploading because it was so cold out today ( I took Jack outside and took my garbage can to the curb for am pickup... Brrr!)

I use a heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder, mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of Brown Sugar Splenda blend, 1 cup of 1% Organic Milk, splash of cream, and a big splash of water... mix very well, heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 -2 minutes... stir, add marshmallows, sprinkly of coconut

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hang in there - definitely keep resting until you feel 100% better!!

Anonymous said...

Hot cocoa always does the trick! Love that magazine!

B_Hlthy said...

Thank you so much Veg!

S&H- I know its fantastic! If you need a recipe please let me know, I would be happy to share!