About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, November 21, 2008

cinnamon sugar toast


SO still sick. BAH HUM( this icky) BUG!

Doctor called and prescription being filled. Oh I can't wait to feel NOT like death.

My mom used to make me cinnamon and sugar toast when I was sick, Did anyone else have this as a kid? Well, I decided it has been probably a year since I had this and being sick still was a great chance to relive this childhood memory.

Newman's Own Whole Wheat, Double Fiber Bread, toasted and then I rubbed a little butter all over ( I am talking little , just so the sugar and cinnamon can stick)... Then sprinkled with brown sugar blend and cinnamon. If you never had this, you must try! I usually had it with white sugar but you could use whatever-

Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt with a couple almonds and a pistachio, a skinny banana with flaxseed butter.

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

STILL SENDING YOU GOOD HEALTH VIBES!!! Hope they start to work for ya!! :-D

Anonymous said...

MMM the cinnamon toast sounds delicious! i don't think i ever had that, but i imagine it sure is good!

Lee Lee said...

Oh my gosh. I was actually just thinking about this dish a few days ago. This is one of my dad's favorite home-y dishes. We do the exact same thing! 2 pieces of bread, a little of butter, and lots of cinnamon & sugar, then popped into the toaster oven for a little until its nice and toasty! It's so delicious, warm and juicy!

Thanks for reminding me of this lovely dish, and making it known to the blogosphere!

B_Hlthy said...

Veg- I literally laughed out loud! You are the cutest! Thanks!

Madison- It's so simple but so delicious!


And... SeeLeeLive- Hi! I am so glad you stopped by and thanks for commenting! Isn't it the best! I am so glad I could be a reminder of the lovely cinnamon sugar toast!

HangryPants said...

You just reminded me that I love cinnamon sugar toast! I used to love it when I was little with little butter, sugar and cinnamon, with whte bread of course. :D