About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Greetings from the Lake

Hello !

I decided to hang out at Jeff's Nana's Lake house this weekend for an early family thanksgiving. Before we headed up here on friday evening, I had a snack: A half of a cherry pie LARABAR!! Veggiegirl aren't you proud? I love the cherry pie flavor and I love the ingredients!

So off we drove to the lake with Jeff's two sisters and niece and nephew (all together) in his sister's new minivan! Haha family road trip! It was alot of fun! We arrived to a delicious bowl of country pea and lentil soup and chicken marsala. Sorry no picture, I have yet to take a pictures of food up at the lake until... Today!!

I snapped a quick breakfast photo this morning! I kept reminding myself,
"stick up for yourself", stand up for what you believe in, if I want to take a picture I will and who cares what anyone else thinks!? So I did! After I woke up super late because I wanted to, Haha, I had a small breakfast of coffe, a cinnamon raisin english muffin and a half of grapefruit, I had one tiny piece of bacon but I like my bacon ultra crispy and it was too chewy for my tastes ( I think Jeff likes his bacon chewy..)

In case you didn't notice, I am now on foodbuzz as a Featured Publisher and could not be more thrilled!!! I am so excited in working with them and taking this first step into getting paid ( however much) for writing about food! Woohoo!


Body:
Resting still.. still coughing... still having trouble breathing BUT I DO NOT FEEL LIKE DEATH! Which feels fantabulous! I know 120% that my first workout will be amazing because my body will be completely ready for it!
KC Mo ( my very close friend AND my boyfriend's sister) is going to run the 8K Turkey Trot with me in 5 days ( as long as I feel better)!

I am not sure of the goal time I want yet because I usually do 5 miles in 35-38 minutes on the treadmil but in the cold weather after being sick for 8 days.. not sure how feasible under 40 minutes will be.

Mind:
Getting to work on reading and writing for school right now..


Soul:
I am SO pumped about Foodbuzz , this is actually what I want to be doing in life and it seems like everything is falling into place!

State football game at noon, Jeff LOVES his football team so it will be a fun afternoon!

We have lots of wine and a fire going at the lake all weekend! Nana is cooking Duck Ala Orange.. ? I have never had it but I am sure this evening will be a blast...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I LOVE hearing from other people about anything I write and I am so happy I brought back memories of cinnamon sugar toast.. Haha it was the best!
I love you Mom!

5 comments:

HangryPants said...

Foodbuzz is lots of fun. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

it's official.
Im the last person on earth who has never had a lara bar!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the foodbuzz!

I just took a pic of my dinner last night with my family around and no one said anything. You have such a good attitude...stick up for yourself!!

Glad you're having a wonderful time at the lake!!

Anonymous said...

glad you're having a fun time at the lake! and that is very cool about foodbuzz :)

Lee Lee said...

yesssss! i saw your post below...adding pumpkin butter and apples to a chicken sandwich sounds realllyyy good!