About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin, Coconut, Marshmallow, Blueberry Goodness Bowl

YUM!

I woke up early when Jeff left **(early because I could sleep in if I wanted! probably should have because we will probably have a late night!)

So of course I made myself breakfast! My usual pumpkin filling combo-- not in pie form today--

Base: 1/3 cup organic pumpkin puree
1/2 cup egg ( today I used 4 egg whites and had to beat it all more than if you use 1/2 cup of egg beaters or carton egg whites)
Dash of baking powder
Tsp Brown Sugar
Tsp Pie Spice
1/4 cup oats

Beat very well.. microwaved for forever ( about 3-4 minutes depending on the quality of your micro! mine took like 5 to firm up)

Toppings
Bluberries! ( frozen wild- they defrosted immediately)
A few Mango pieces
Coconut (unsweetened)
Marshmallows!!! shhhhh ( they have a little fructose corn syrup in them!)
* and Flax Seed Butter- the Naturally More brand on the past weekend's post ( its sweeter but has less sugar than peanut butter - odd huh? NO DELICIOUS! )

the marshmallows melted a little too!

Tea ( one green tea bag and one early grey tea bag!)

Body:

I had such a fantastic workout yesterday (last night) so I am not concerned with fitting one in (early) today- However- I should be able to get to the gym this afternoon after I get home from meeting up with my mom!

Mind:
Relaxing on this today, this week was a doozy! Making myself literally sick from stress/hormones was not cool- I am going to do suduko and read 1 article for my hyperglycemia paper. just one ( in case you couldn't tell with my nutrient metabolism posts- I love cell metabolism!! It is SO fun to find out pathways of how one thing interacts with all these other to make something else! )

Soul:

Mom mom mom! I love my mom! She is so amazing! She is the most amazing and inspiring person I know. She had four kids between the ages of 21-26! I haven't even had ONE yet and I am 26!! She drove me back and forth to school, then to gymnastics practice, then to cheerleading practice right after that AND had to take care of my brothers and sister at the same time AND work and cook food for us AND take care of our home too! Whoa! Putting up with my dad is a WHOLE other story but that is another insane feat in itself now, especially with his injuries.

She has done so much for me and so selflessly that I only wish now that I realize that, if i could only give back to her twice as much as she has given to me- I would still be not giving her enough.
Love you Mom!

She is bringing me blinds for our house and we are shopping too! i'm happy to be getting some mroe house things- I am completely nesting- I hate the way that sounds- but even if I was living on my own I feel that I would still be wanting to nest/make my house a "home" etc etc.
See you lata!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOLY FREAKING YUM!!

Love your "soul" for today :-)


TGIF!!

Anonymous said...

4 kids between ages 21-26?? WOW!

oh yea can i ask if the first part of your comment to me was in response to something in particular?? don't get me wrong, i totally appreciated it AND of course your advice on quitting my job. totally just wondering - have a great day!! =D

HangryPants said...

It was so nice to read about your mom! She sounds amazing. I love that bowl with the pumpkin goodness!

Anonymous said...

Your breakfast looks great! I love my mom too!!