About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Savory Oats, Attempt #2 COMPLETE SUCCESS

Body:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Can you tell I am excited? I ran 5.15 miles in 42 minutes!
It was hard, the first mile was easy - i was like this is so awesome this is so awesome- and then I started coughing and was thinking to myself "I can I can I can I can" every step of the way until the 5 mile mark.

Sigh... my quads are super sore from yesterday's lifting but I am fairly confident by thursday (rest day tomorrow) I will feel fine!

I am a little sore all over, just in that lovely " ooh we missed you exercise" kind of way.

Mind:
Heading to work on paper- metabolism paper only today- lots of reading and then writing- Hyperglycemia Cell Metabolism this is your warning, I will conquer you !


Soul:
I love running I love running fast I love running slow I love being able to run I love runner's high I love that my knee did not hurt one bit I love running

I am so excited for my parents to come here - It takes off SO much stress from me and I can relax and conquer the (world) I mean, metabolism paper.

Pre-Run Fuel:

English Muffin
Nonfat Cottage Cheese
Pumpkin Butter
Banana
Flaxseed Butter

Savory Oats Lunch:

In this order, I re-arranged from yesterday


3/4 cup Leek and Potato Soup
1/2 cup irish oats
Trader Joes Poultry Seasoning (which actually contains all healthy spices and no salt or chemicals!)

Heated up in the Microwave for 2 minutes..let cool while I seperately heated up 1/2 cup frozen spinach and broccoli. Drained out any excess water and added it to the oat soup... Added some chopped red pepper, parmesean and pork from last night

Heated it all up for another 1 minute...

YUMMMMM!

So I had an apple and pumpkin butter on the side but then since pork and apples go so nicely together- I threw in some apple into it to.




I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

3 comments:

Zesty Cook said...

Yay for success! Great run and great eats

zesty

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FABULOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice run! That's awesome!

Your lunch looks tasty!