About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Booty-licious

Body:
Jeff was going to the gym after work and I felt up for it so we worked out together ...again! It was so much fun! We did his version of strength training as far as muscle group (opposition) but we did my version of "endurance lifting"... essentially lower weights but for as many reps as you can get. We make a great team!
Strength: Chest, Lats, Triceps, Biceps, Squats
Cardio: I did a mish mosh- I think it was 10 min elliptical, 5 minutes stair climber, 15 minutes elliptical, 5 minutes walking on the treadmill. It was going to be my "rest" day as far as cardio goes so it was more just a fun relaxing pace.

Mind:
Suduko and I filled out forms for the volunteer opportunity a co-worker of Jeff's sent me involving nutrition classes! What a perfect volunteer oportunity for me, I think it will be boat-loads of fun!

Soul:
Did some christmas shopping, some blog reading and .... (drumroll please)

1 BLOG 007 1 BLOG 006

I got a haircut!!! I don't ever like going in to get a hair cut or paying for haircuts all the time, but WOOHOO! :-) What do ya'll think??
I am very pleased with how Dani* did. ( I mention her name only so that I can remember next time I want a cut!) She was fun to talk to as well!


Delicious Dinner:

1 BLOG 008

Spaghetti Squash with...

Sicilian Chicken ( I saw a recipe for this but didn't follow it at all really. I just used it as inspiration: a can of tomatoes, italian style in olive oil, a jar of TJ Marinara, basil, oregano, white wine splash, olives)

Globs of Goat Cheese (Trader Joes has a great variety!)

Lovely Lunch:

1 BLOG 003

There is a tiny chicken breast in their - I had cooked several last night after we finished dinner with vinegar, texas pete and a teaspoon of smart balance light butter. Since it was Buffalo-style, I added some blue cheese dressing to my sammy. On the side Organic Green Beans ( frozen, microwaved from Trader Joes ) and an Oikos Blueberry Greek Yogurt.


Booty-licious Breakfast:

1 BLOG 001

Super FRUITY Smoothie for Jeff and I :
It had milk, protein powder, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen pineapple, a whole banana, and flaxseed butter. I had apple crisp with blueberries on the side- SO GOOD! That is 6 types of fruit in my breakfast! Totally booty-licious!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

SUCH a chic hairdo!! Love it!! And I love the "boot-licious" breakfast too :-D

Danielle said...

Your hair looks incredible! What a flattering cut! I'm sure you look even more beautiful than before... which must've been pretty tough :)

HangryPants said...

Awesome cut. It looks so shiny and healthy!

Anonymous said...

I. Love. It. A LOT!! I want Dani to cut my hair too :)

Caitlin said...

Thank you so much for the book recs, I have heard of both but haven't had a chance to check either of them out, I definitely will. I finished my finals on Friday, thanks for asking...now freedom for awhile, so happy!

BTW I love your hair, it looks so healthy and shiny!

B_Hlthy said...

thank you so much! All of you are tooo sweet! I appreciate all of your comments so very much!
I am so happy the hair has good reviews! My hair has totally never been "shiny and healthy " so that is probably one of the best compliments ever!

Mads- I would send Dani there if I could!

Caitlin- CONGRATS on Semester Break time!!!!