About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Efficient-See!

"efficiency"... "efficient-See".. get it?

Breakfast:

I think there are plenty of ways to eat a completely delicious, healthy meal without laboring over it. I hate spending a long time cooking breakfast, it just seems so unnecessary. While I realize that adding in lots of things to a meal can be fun and totally delicious, sometimes I think its just plain silly to make everything so complicated! ( yes, i am fully aware that I do this sometimes as well and I am calling myself silly just as much as anyone else).

I am especially impatient because I have a whole day ahead of me to get started, get going, write, read, run, play, work etc. I understand why so many people would skip breakfast because of their busy schedules. Plus, I hate having to clean more dishes ( "i ain't got no dishwasher" ).  I make almost everything in my microwave or in my toaster oven- to save energy, to save time, to save dishes- I like to be efficient.

However, as a future dietician/ gastronome- I always conjures up these delicious ideas of healthy eats:   i.e  Pumpkin Pie for One Breakfast, B_Healthy Stuffed French Toast - Even with these, I am always eating breakfast within 10-15 minutes of starting to make it.

Today, the efficient B_Healthy totally won.
1 BLOG 004

 

British Whole Wheat Muffin

1/2 with Chobani Nonfat Greek Yogurt

The other 1/2 with Naturally More Flaxseed Butter and Smucker's All Natural Peanut Butter

Organic Banana

I may not be gourmet but it was functional: whole grains, protein, nonfat dairy, fruit, healthy fats

 

Off to start my lovely day and here is my plan:

Body: Run either today or tomorrow. Yoga Today!

Mind: Study Study Study Study Study Time! Good luck to all my bloggie grad student readers that have exams also!!!!

Soul: Gourmet dinner at The Umstead Hotel and Spa with Jeff this evening. We have to get all fancied-up! Dancing included as well!

4 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great breakfast!!

Good luck studying, and have a lovely time tonight!!

Caitlin said...

Good luck studying! Just take each day at a time:) And enjoy yourself tonight.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, love your breakfast!!!

Good luck with your work!

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks for all the luck!!!!