About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gone in a Second

Jeff and I were going to get a christmas tree this afternoon. I was studying on campus when Jeff and Nate called me on their way to pick me up. I had this ircky feeling when I saw Jeff calling shortly after we had just spoke. He was in a car accident and is alright (his arm is really sore) but his truck was destroyed. Jeff was driving down the main road and a guy sitting at a stop sign on the left decided to speed out into the intersection to beat traffic- well that traffic was Jeff's truck. He slammed into the driver side of Jeff's truck, causing his truck to hit two other vehicles and roll up onto the curb. Nate was in the passenger side, which was the side that impacted the other two vehicles. Nate is alright but has a concussion and is still at the hospital. I met Jeff and his parents there ( thanks for being there Preston and Momma Mo, i love you). Andrea met us there also and is still at the hospital with Nate.

I swear the 30 minutes that I waited to hear back from Jeff after I found out was the longest 30 minutes of my life so far. I called my parents ( hi, i love you) and then Jeff's parents and then Jeff's younger sister and then my parents again and just could't seem to think about theoretical frameworks or qualitative research.

It is just awful how someone you love or something you love can just be gone, in a second, all at the hands of another person's bad decision. I am so thankful everyone involved is alive, only minor injuries that we know of. It could have been so much worse. Jeff said if I had seen his truck I would have thought there was some serious injuries, thankfully it was his truck that took the permanent damage and not him or nate.  I am so thankful for my whole family and jeff's whole family and everyone who cares so much. Jeff just finished paying off his truck too. So, now we have to figure out how this all works, figuring out what his next vehicle will be. 

I am going to try to get some studying in this evening since I didn't get much accomplished today. Jeff said he isn't hungry so I am not going to make my planned " Dinner with Hangry Pants Heater"  will have to wait.

I will be back on tomorrow- If anyone has ever been in an accident and it was the fault of another person and you had to get a new car- feel free to offer suggestions on what we are supposed to do- kind of a first for us.

Tell whoever you love just how much you love them because they could be gone in a second.

9 comments:

Erica said...

oh my gosh! I am so glad he is ok. That is so scary! I can only imagine how ill to your tummy you felt after he called! I guess this is a reminder to us to enjoy every minute! My mind/heart are with you!

Anonymous said...

OOH i'm so sorry about what happened! i'm so glad that everyone is safe though. must have been such a rough day =(

HangryPants said...

I am glad Jeff is ok! That is so yucka!

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry to hear you and and your family had to go through that! I know that it is an awful feeling! I am so happy all are well.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the accident. Keep us posted. You're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

ugh i am SO sorry to hear about jeff's car accident and will keep them all in my prayers!

B_Hlthy said...

Thank you all so very much. Everyone came away from it alright, Nate had a concussion and whiplash. Jeff most likely sprained his wrist from bracing himself on the wheel. Thank you all again, you are so very sweet and I appreciate your kindness. It could have been so much worse but I am so thankful it was not.

amy. said...

Hey, just stumbled upon your blog and want to say i love it! I'm glad to have found it and look forward to reading more :)

B_Hlthy said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate your comments and glad you like the blog!