About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, December 29, 2008

On the way to New Years Eve!


Christmas 2008 024

I know, I should have made this look much prettier but I didn't and it was delicious nonetheless. It was pumpkin pie for one, with steel cut oats as a crust and pumpkin "filling" . I didn't have anything else in our fridge really and no fresh fruit- so I threw frozen blueberries on top since it was too hot to eat immediately anyway.

Quick and Easy! I spent the morning putting away presents ( new hairdryer, candles, clothes, pillows etc etc!) and I went to the gym for a great workout. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home, had lunch, showered, then headed out to the bustling stores to make some returns.

Lunch:

Christmas 2008 025
Salad!! I LOVE VEGETABLES! My salad had romaine, raddichio, radishes, carrots, snap peas, purple (red) cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower! I added some reduced fat feta ( BOGO at Harris Teeter!) and lovely Athenos Lemon Garlic Greek Hummus (also BOGO at Harris Teeter). I had a whole wheat wrap with a salmon burger, pickle, and some goddess dressing. Delish!

Off to the stores, Bath and Body works is having their semi-annual sale and although I was considering more, I got another wallflower (Black Ameythst) and a scented oil as a gift for Momma Mo ( they are on sale for $3!!). I also stopped at Micheal's Craft Store and picked up some clips I needed for frames I made for Jeff ( he doesn't know exactly what they are yet!)

Jeff's football team was playing in a bowl game this afternoon, so we are watching it now.


with Popcorn
Christmas 2008 027
Tonight, his brother Jonathan bought us tickets to his alum's basketball game ( lower level!) for christmas and we are going with his brother PJ too!

Dinner: Sandwich and veggies (turkey and ham with mustard and a pickle)
Christmas 2008 028

Body:
Cardio at the gym: I ran a 5k in 23 minutes! It felt great aside from my toes still being weird. I have tried new shoes but now I know that it has something to do with my knee. I kept running but at a slower pace for another 2 miles. So total- 5.3 miles.
I cooled down with the elliptical for 5 minutes.

Mind:
suduko was super fast... organize house stuff now that we are back home. Next week I am planning a trip back to my parents before school starts. We also havent figured out what we are doing for New Year's Eve yet.

Soul:

I love running. I love my new leather purse, I love the beach ( going there while I am at my parents), I love all of my christmas presents from everyone and I feel spoiled but in an enjoyable way.

The football team lost but the basketball team won.

I am also conjuring up new year's resolutions, new blogging ideas, a romantic getaway ( one of the presents Jeff gave me) and hoping that my brother will be able to visit this week! I would LOVE to see him, that would be the most wonderful present ever.

1 comments:

Becky said...

Great mind, body and spirit tips! I am on a quest to better my life in these three areas. Dr. Sha's books have been very useful in offering some great tips. His book, "Soul Communication," was extremely helpful, and I can't wait to read his newest book, scheduled to come out in January, "The Power of Soul." I hope that by the end of next year my mind, body and spirit will be a lot healthier. I always appreciate people like you who put information out there for others to learn and benefit from. Thanks for your great tips- I especially love your great food ideas.