About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Part 1

Body:Saturday I really wasnt looking foward to driving all the way to the gym. I finally decided to go because I really needed to deposit money into my new checking account ( the new bank is 1/2 way to the gym). Jeff nicely agreed to walk with me instead but then I figured if I go 1/2 way to the gym, might as well go all the way. Boy am I glad I did!! I did 32 minutes on the elliptical ( i promised myself to do at least 30 then see how I feel)... Then biked for 3.5 miles!


Mind & Soul: I found out that the books for class next week are going to take 4 weeks to deliver! So I checked other sites and then finally contacted the prof who told me not to worry about it... Phew! In prep for my first full week of classes, I CLEANED OFF MY DESK! Wow that felt great! I also CLEANED my Clothing Room. Yes, Jeff is kind enough to let me use our entire third (small) bedroom as a "laural room", It has two picture boards of all my friends, thank you notes, etc. My yoga mat, TV, and an armoir with my clothes, shelving with clothes and beauty/hair stuff, and the closet is well filled too!
Sunday: I am going to read the assignments for class tomorrow ( and maybe wednesday's class too!) I also plan on cleaning the rest of the room, and doing yoga/meditation after a long workout (not sure if I am going to campus gym or planet fitness)



Friday Night updated on friday's post!

Saturday: Jeff made me breakfast! We had to get up early to go to Jeff's nephew's lil league Football game! It was so adorable to see 4 year olds running around playing flag football! and his niece is a cheerleader "lil lady comet" Ah for cuteness! After the games we went shopping at PetSmart for Dog shampoo and new toy
( pink frosted doughnut!) Dick's for fishing reels, shoes, sports bras, and then headed home for lunch. I cleaned and went to the gym, then when I got back we decided on going out to dinner to catch up with friends since we have been away alot and are going to Elizabeth City next weekend ( Hi Mom!) ..

Breakfast: Jeff made..
4 egg whites
2 pieces WW toast
1/2 grapefruit
1/2 banana w/ pb!

Lunch: left over dinner
WW pasta 1/2 serving
Veggie Tomato Sauce 2 servings
Gr. Turkey w. Mushrooms 1 serving


Dinner ( I was STARVING !! It took 30 minutes to find parking, 30 mintues to wait for a table, 20 minutes to get our salads!)

When we arrived, I looked at the menu and saw Sangria~ Jeff got me a glass and it was great!

Salmon Lafeyette ( brown sugar and cajun spice rubbed- which i scraped off!) , Sweet potato fries, vegetables and a house salad( onions, tomatos, romaine, carrots)

(we purposely saved room for dessert)
Banana's Foster ! They do a bread pudding then sliced bananas, caramel ice cream on the side then drench it in run, light on fire, then serve it! One of the few desserts I feel like is worth $6.75, and probably 675 calories or more
( I had about 1/3 )

So Full but So satisfied - I totally enjoyed "eating out" for what it is...

0 comments: