About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Thursday- Friday

Friday August 15th: Charleston or Bust!! I was thinking of getting in a workout before Andrea's bachelorette party but my knee hurt so BADLY during my yoga warmup that I decided to rest and pack. Breakfast was the same as all week, oatmeal (1/3 cup made with water) , banana w. pb, two egg whites (hb) and coffee!

Lunch... I had to be in the van by 1:30 so I grabbed a balance bar ( I tried not to have too much in the house because both Jeff and I were leaving friday for the weekend, dinner at his parents sunday evening, and I had a Welcome Back Grads Dinner Monday so I knew we werent going to need anything until Tuesday!)
and as I figured, we had tons of snacks for the car ride. How sweet is this... Andrea has only 2 maids ( her sister and her bf) and they got us all survival bags! A cute straw tote filled with:

  • fresh fruit
  • 100 calorie packs of craisins
  • smart pop,
  • pretzels
  • motrin packets
  • chapstick
  • lotion
  • airplane bottles of flavored vodka
  • juice boxes,
  • old navy flip flops
  • AND .. her bf Rachelle is a sales rep for Chanel ( i know!) ... she gave us all mini travel bags with samples! Love coco mademoiselle!
I ate the pretzels just after we got onto the highway ( i get a little motion sick and we had stopped a few times already to pick up people)... I ate half the craisins an hour later and a bite of a Think bar I brought with me!

Once we got to Charleston we headed over for dinner, I ordered a house salad and the sesame tuna appetizer! Perfect! We ate at the Crab House and then headed out to bars: Vendue Inn, The Winery, and Tsunami - I had two rum and diet cokes, plus two glasses of reisling at dinner! We did a ton of walking to all the bars so I think it helped burn off the extra alcohol calories!


Thursday August 14th: No running, my knee was still bothering me! I did some upper body strengthening and yoga again (30 minutes). We had to drop Jack off at Jeff's parents for the weekend so it was super fun to catch up with them!

0 comments: