About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

While watching the olympics last night, I read about potential knee problems, and all of them appeared to give the same advice...."ice, elevate, take anti inflamatory meds, wear a knee brace, rest, do strengthening exercises such as leg extensions"

Lucky for me, I possess a knee brace from high school track knee issues ( triple jumping for indoor track consisted of plyometrics on hardwood gym floors... not smart!)

So, I have been doing everything! Icing multiple times a day, taking anti inflam., wearing my knee brace and doing the rehab exercises... I did not run monday ( I did strength training and 50 minutes of yoga.. which made my back ache all day tuesday (rest on tuesday). Today I did the elliptical for 45 minutes. Its only been two days rest, I feel like I should rest more but I just HATE rest. I LOVE running, exercise in general is my daily reinforcement.

anyhow, its been oatmeal for breakfast with the usual banana, pb and 2 egg whites. I had some hummus and veggies and a chobani at lunch, and tonights dinner I decided to go Ethnic ..
I made buffalo grilled chicken, curried sweet potato slices, and asian veggies (bok choy, asparagus, snap peas, red peppers, green beans in a few dashes of soy sauce, sprinkle of wasabi, and pepper)- it was all spicy but in such different ways!

I can't wait for tomorrow because I am off work on friday- going to doc's in the am and then a bachelorette party all weekend~~ wooohooo!

0 comments: