About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday!






I teared up at this card that Jeff got me! He doesn't "do cards". I don't either, nor do I ever cry at them! It was incredibly thoughtful and what he wrote
So we began with a bottle of a cabernet/merlot blend. and salads as appetizers. I enjoyed this salad although I pushed the fried onions to the ends, and ate from the middle out. I have to say I do not enjoy salads that are all chopped up and mixed together because I can't tell what I am eating! The company matters just as much as the food. A bad bottle of wine is rated higher in good company, than a good bottle of wine in bad. We realized Jeff had met our server before through a friend. He kept bringing us "tastes" of these incredibly expensive wines! ( I am talking $520/bottle)That explains the four glasses in front of my place setting and the Cheers!

Every bite of this filet mignon melted in my mouth as if it were butter. It was absolutely fantastic. Pure enjoyment for any meat lovers out there, and worth the $. The server didn't tell me they prepare Banana's Foster AT the table ( it is not even on the menu)! I had to get a shot of this!
Banana's Foster




Body: I attempted to run after class, however, shooting pains in my knee made me stop- I walked because it was SO gorgeous outside ! ( 4.5 mile walk)


Mind: Reflection Paper for Babettes Feast, and updated literature review for college female food choices

Soul: It's My BIRTHDAY! Jeff and I cleaned out the living room, took the old couch to Goodwill and picked out paint samples for the rooms! Hooray! We agreed on every room! That was too easy! Dinner was a total soul experience too- and our new couch is now in place!

Breakfast: Birthday Cereal- the banana pieces had peanut butter candles. I poured half a cup of milk on top after I took this because I was worried it would make everthing float around... it didn't!




Lunch: (leftovers) Grilled Chicken and Rice, sorry not pictured

1 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Again, haha :0) Can never have too many birthday wishes though!!

Such a lovely, delicious celebration - I'm all over that Bananas Foster dessert!!

Love the Birthday cereal!!