About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Body: I ran 4 miles with NO pain!!! WOOOOOOHHOOOOOO!!! The whole time I just felt like " oh this is what I am meant to do it feels so great". I had lifted CSTH prior to my run, after I cooled down for 10 minutes on the elliptical. I also lifted and thought I should post what kind of exercises I do for the split "CSTH" vs. "BBQ A"

Mind: Read, Read, Read.... started Gastronomical Me ( first half of the book is due Tuesday )... and also got halfway through my research articles ( 9 on African American Health Disparities) due Wednesday. Jeff also read to me (how sweet!!!) while I cooked lunch!

Soul: hmm...we hung up two of our bamboo blinds my mom gave us last weekend ( they were a goal for the week) ... and I organized all the papers/articles/ notes etc..
Laundry, went over to dinner at Jeff's parents


Weekend Fooooood: Jeff and I both wanted smoothies for breakfast saturday and sunday ( he admited he is slightly addicted to them now, and I love them too!) ... we are out of frozen blueberries and cherries, so I used two frozen bananas, and some mixed frozen fruit today..

Lunch: Sandwiches & Veggies ( Onion squares from Fresh Market, toasted with buffalo grilled chicken, zuchinni and tomatos on the side, and I had a small red plum too)
Here is my "fried veggies" ..
Dip the veggies in a mixture of ( 1 egg white, 1/2 chobani plain greek yogurt) ... then into 1:1 ratio mix of cornmeal and flour, then in the pan THINLY coated with Smart Balance Oil ( I use as little as possible... but totally dont mind the healthy fat!! )












Dinner: Jeff's mom made "boiled peanuts" ... and turkey, stuffing with celery, mushrooms and onions, steamed veggies, and corn zuchinni cakes ( low carb version of potato pancakes)... I kept my portions small so that I could enjoy the apple cake for dessert.
Yum... and I didnt have to cook or mess up my kitchen!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your blog is such a great idea! I love how it's not just focused on staying physically healthy, but also mentally and emotionally :). Keep it up, you are truly an inspiration! I'm so glad I found "body.mind.soul"

B_Hlthy said...

Wow, Thank you times a million! It's wonderful to know that someone else can take something good away from it! I really appreciate your comments!