About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

from my research articles for minority health...

It has been argued that the reason for the relationship between one's identity and food choice behavior may be based on the use of food choices as a means of enacting one's identity and communicating it to others. As an example, a person who chooses to become vegetarian for ethical or health reasons would have a difficult time returning to meat eating without redefining his or her identity as an eater. (Devine 2005)

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Very thought-provoking information.

B_Hlthy said...

I thought so too! I hope thoughts like this make my blog different than others. I think it will also help me remember all this stuff for classes too! I have SO much reading! Have you ever read Gastronomical Me by MFK Fisher?


Have you started dance classes? What type of dance? I used to dance in college and my mom was a ballerina..