About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Food

Lunch: A mesquite tuna filet, the last two pieces of whole wheat bread ( I hate only having two pieces left- i tend to forget and they go bad), and steamed mixed veggies. There is a smear of non-fat mayo ( less than a teaspoon).. and Pickles!

Hooray for Cold Stone! I was so hungry after class that I totally forgot to take a picture! I got Emily's Nutter Butter with kit kat, yellow cake, and nutter butter flavor ice cream. It was a three ounce portion, Jeff got the other (Jack's was marshmallow flavored ice cream, oreo pieces and reeses pieces and fudge)... They did not come in those waffle bowls, and we split ours but I gave more than half of mine to Jeff!
Dinner: Mushroom Chicken with sauce, Uncle Ben's whole grain wild rice (it comes with wheat berries), and spaghetti squash with hot sauce!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup (the healthy lower sodium version)
  • 1/2 a carton of presliced mushrooms
  • 3 chicken breasts sliced into about 5 strips
  • 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
Recipe:
Put all ingredients into crock pot, cook on low for 4+ hours

Sides:

  • Rice as directions said
  • For Squash
    Cooked in Microwave for 10 minutes, let cool, sliced open and removed inside seeds. Used fork to pull apart the "meat" of the squash.

0 comments: