About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Banana Bread Breakfast



Banana Bread with Peanut Butter
Scrambled Eggs ( mostly white)
Sliced Banana( I made Jeff a smoothie, there was a little leftover so I put it in the bowl as an "icing")

Yum! Stuffed! I don't know why but I couldn't even finish all of this! I calculated the calories and it was only 230 plus about a teaspoon of peanut butter - so less than 300 calories and stuffed!

* ( i use a spoon that equals a teaspoon so that I can approximate peanut butter. It is so easy to under-estimate with peanut butter since it is so calorie-dense and Delicious!)

The Plan
Body: I am hoping to get a fantastic run in today or tomorrow but hope for today. I work with Jacob at his home from 10-12, so I will pack .... hmm.. thinking.... a Z-bar to eat after so that I can get a good workout in at the gym ( rain clouds outside) without being full or starving!

Mind: I'd like to get in at least 1 or hopefully 3 chapters of SFN...

Soul:

Andrea is planning girls night this evening-Hoorray!!!
She got in her program materials and needs "Stuffers" and she got paper to build a card box for the guestbook/gift table. I'm not sure what we will make but I need to call her on my way to Jacob's and see what to get.

* How fantastic, Andrea's wedding is at the Aquarium! What a great idea! We went down early in June to meet with the caterer and work out some details. So I can't wait to see it all together. The fish tanks are amazing and a great "decor" so kids can walk around if they get ansy during the ceremony.... during the horsdevours hour we can walk around and look at everything- I highly recommend it as a wedding ceremony/reception site all in one! Plus it is at the beach!!! BEACH in one week!

* moral dilema mentioned "tuesday " I believe*
Working with Jacob should be fun but also tough on me. I am concerned because I feel like I just can't devote the time he deserves and I don't know what else to do because I want to help him but feel like its not in "my best interest"... I hate to be "selfish" but at the same time, I have graduate school and books to read and nutrition research to complete and need to work on my own life before helping someone else's.. right?

I mean her father just passed away last week, all of jacob's other therapists have left when they told her they would stay, she lost me at my "Work" ( the school I worked at, jacob goes there in the afternoons and I was his therapist but stopped once school started for me) so she got stuck with a new instructor who I tried to train but she didnt pick things up quickly...

How do I let his mom "down" easily? How do I help everyone else without compromising myself?

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Girl, you NEED to take care of yourself first, before helping anyone else - I've had that issue in the past, and am slowly learning to "be selfish." Remember - you can't properly help anyone else before helping yourself. It's like how on airplanes, they tell you to put your own oxygen mask on before helping someone else with his/hers, in case of an emergency.

Hang in there!! Happy Friday!! :0)

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

yummy looking bfast! Never thought about pb on my banana bread, now I must try!

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks Veg!

Hi Bobbi!! So glad you stopped in!Banana Bread with Peanut Butter is Delicious!!