About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Curl Up and ...goodbye thursday



So after the vet and before dinner all I felt like doing was curling up and reading. I hardly ever have felt like that but I think it may have been the cloudy day or all the running around I did today! As soon as I started reading, I felt like baking ( another cloudy day fav). So I decided to read another 10 pages then cook!

Dinner:
Baked Chicken Breast


Baked Sweet Potato


"fried" Zuchinni

Delicious!

Since I had to bake the chicken and the potato, I decided to bake banana bread tonight too (utilize the energy on the oven heating up etc).

I used Veganomicon's recipe but changed it because I didn't have applesauce or molasses. I also hate washing dishes, so I try to just make it all in the loaf dish I use.

One Dish Veganomicon’s “ Low Fat Banana Bread”
Makes 1 loaf
3 very ripe bananas ( I can never wait until they are ripe enough)
1/4 cup organic no-sugar-added applesauce or today I used ¼ egg beaters b/c I had no applesauce
1/8 cup Smart Balance Oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 cups flour (I used white whole wheat and AP combo)
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350. In loaf pan, pour 1/8 cup Oil and coat the pan by swirling. Peel bananas into dish and smash bananas til smooth ( I like it chunky) with a fork. Add the sugar, applesauce (or egg or yogurt), and syrup and stir well.
2. Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix until just combined (don’t overmix this).
3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown

The "one dish" way hasn't failed me yet but if you feel like doing it "right" i.e with the extra dishes, you can do wet ingredients in one bowl, dry in the other then mix em all together in a bowl, then put it in the dish.


Body:
35 minutes elliptical

Mind: Read more of Slow Food Nation (SFN).. its all about the slow food movement, increasing sustainability, knowing where you food comes from, how it arrives to you, "good, clean, fair" ...

Soul: I finally got to the Farmer's Market, and finally took Jack to the Vet, and finally got to reading some of SFN AND baked banana bread and made a delicious dinner.

0 comments: