About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday Cranberry BSI


Cranberry Mango Breakfast Bread
I lined my 9x9 pan with foil to keep from having to wash it!

2 cups Flour ( i used an organic whole grain AP)
1 cup sugar ( i used brown)
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1 /2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 T ground Flax
Mix all these dry ingredients together

1 cup frozen mango, heated until mushy
3/4 cup applesauce
1 egg ( I used 1/4 cup better 'n eggs)
3/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt

Mix all these wet ingredients together, add to dry mix.
Add 1 and 1/2 cups fresh cranberries ( or thawed frozen)

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes ( I used a toaster oven so... times may vary)

So I took the photo of the bread friday, but my camera battery needed charged saturday and I was super dissapointed because I had yummy meals! I had a slice of this slice of Cranberry Mango Breakfast Bread ( I made it friday evening) and a banana for breakfast before heading to work for the day (training).. and then Jeff made us salads with leftover pork and yummy veggies.

I remembered to grab the camera before we headed out to the local hangout bar for some football watching.... and...
Blue Moon!
I had this guy ( with extra oranges!) plus another half while we watched the penn state game and hurricanes game.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Drooling. Positively drooling.

:)

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

thank you so much!!!

and yes you'll be able ot buy chrondocare on our website! details coming soon, i promise!

Zesty Cook said...

WOW thanks so much for the award!! Food looks amzaing... love your blog

zesty

Unknown said...

Mmmm, loev the addition of mango!!