About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tuesday Food




Breakfast!

Here is what I did- I took a 1/4 cup pumpkin, whisked with 1/2 cup egg whites, sprinkle cinnamon- Microwaved for 1.5 minutes ( not done)... Swished it around to half the bowl, then took the Quaker Simple Harvest, Honey Almond Instant Cereal packet (http://www.quakersimpleharvest.com/qsh_products/HotCereal/vanilla/index.cfm)
( delicious!) and mixed it with water ( you could do milk) and mixed it on the other side of the bowl. Microwaved for another 2 minutes + ( power on my microwave sucks so most people this would not take as long!) I topped it with a frozen banana and it thawed from the steam/heat of it. I added peanut butter too but you can't tell because of the colors! I added slices of a gala apple along the side to make a whole serving of fruit!


Lunch: I took a shot with all the products today for lunch below so you could see. I had a salmon burger, thawed then put it in my toaster oven for about 7 minutes ( these were a GREAT brand- i do NOT like trader joes brand- too rubbery- these were very much like salmon in the shape of a burger!), I put that on top of a flat-out light wrap ( sundried tomato basil) and topped with Tomato Pesto Goat Cheese.... Veggies on the side!

(today's lunch was the salmon in the salad and wrap on the side and the product shots )


Dinner:
Whole Wheat Spaghetti, 99% lean ground turkey, Barilla Tomato Sauce ! Some cheese, spinach and cauliflower steamed... ( for me I enjoyed this- but it was a little bland)
I needed something quick and easy because I stayed after class for a prospective student information session to be videotaped for our Online Program Info on the website- I will post a link if they put me online! I was SO nervous! But as a thank you for doing it, I got a gift card to Whole Foods! How awesome is that!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yum!!

Score on the Whole Foods gift card!! :0)

HangryPants said...

Yay to a Whole Foods gift card. I love people who appreciate that as a present.