About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cornbread, Cheese, and Chili

Lunch:
1 BLOG 002

Crockpot Chili
1 BLOG 009

I browned 93% lean ground beef in a pan seasoned with chili seasoning (1/4 of a packet), and I added frozen bell pepper mix (thawed).

I added the following to my crock pot ( which my mom gave me- Thanks Mom, I use it all the time!)
-can of dark red kidney beans
-large can of crushed organic tomators
-can of chili beans
-hot sauce ( texas pete)
-chili powder
-can of fresh whole kernel corn
When the meat and peppers were cooked through, I added them into the pot and left it on low for a good 5 hours.

Cornbread:
1 BLOG 008

Wet Ingredients
-can of whole kernel corn , drained
-can of cream style corn
-1/2 cup nonfat greek yogurt
-1 egg
-1 tablespoon melted butter

Mix Wet ingredients together

Dry Ingredients:
-1 cup cornmeal
-1/2 cup all purpose flour ( I found the most amazing Organic Whole Grain AP flour- it works completely like the refined regular AP but is organic and has fiber from whole grains!)
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon sugar
-1 tablespoon Baking Powder

Mix dry ingredients together, Add Dry to wet. Add whole mixture to a lightly greased 9x13 ( or I also use a 3 inch high, 12 inch round corningware). Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes- I check half way through and usually mix up the middle.


I made this yesterday for dinner for Jeff b/c I had my final and wanted to have something ready-to-eat in the fridge too. Which meant it was even more delicious as lunch for both of us today!

0 comments: