About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy Final Exams Week

...is almost over!

I had to get up and meet my prof./advisor on campus to get answers to the study guide questions for the exam this afternoon.- My battery also died when i went to take a photo of breakfast (smoothie) and since I didn't have time to spare, I had to drive to campus without my camera too. There was supposed to be a big group of us but only I showed up so I as gross as this sounds, I got him all to myself. This meant I had all my questions answered without anyone else interrupting!
Pretty sweet deal, so I studied and grew famished by 12:30.
Without my camera and my " I'm in grad school" attitude, I faced the campus dining hall by my lonesome self. It was my best option to save time and money instead of going anywhere else.
I was so happy - they had grilled chicken at the salad bar so I had a delicious salad with tons of veggies for fiber , grilled chicken for protein, and sweet potato fries ( sprinkled with sugar) for dessert!

I almost always see the functions of my food and while fries aren't healthy, they offered my sweet tooth a crunch, gave me some good energizing carbos, vitamin A and some fats which are necessary.

It's all about balance, getting in the healthy stuff but feeding what your appetite wants.

Back to the grind.... one more section of material on cholesterol I need to go over and I feel good to go~

Fingers Crossed

5 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HANG IN THERE, GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Erica said...

Good luck studying! haha ...you sound like you study the same way I use to!

Simple and Divine said...

I LOVE YOU!!! :)

B_Hlthy said...

Thanks Veggie Girl! I know you helped!

Thanks Strong n healthy! Hope you are feeling better today!

Erica- I know, its weird being back in school- undergrad finals were always way worse I think.


Julz- You gorgeous amazing women- I LOVE YOU BACK I miss you and your amazingness ! so nice to hear from you- seriously- the highlight of my week.