About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Thursday To All!

* last night Jeff and I each had a glass of a Riesling I have been keeping my fridge since Thanksgiving. I finally thought it was time to celebrate a little- so there is my glass- we watched a scary movie (Sweeney Todd) and I couldn't take the grossness because I would have nightmares now that he is gone for a few days. So we switched to a comedy, The Ex. I thought it was hilarious- not a great movie- but funny!

1 BLOG 001

Breakfast:
1/4 cup Irish Oats

1/3 cup water

Heated up for 2 minutes, pushed in frozen Mango, Strawberry, and Blueberries. Re-heated for another minute.

Added 3/4 cup Trader Joe's Nonfat Greek Yogurt

Sprinkle Cinnamon

Smucker's All Natural

I like how my Snowman Family is holding onto my breakfast bowl this morning! Hee Hee...

1 BLOG 002

and if you like snowmen too, check out Heather's Snowman Family... SO CUTE! While you visit her there, leave a comment for her food drive donation. She will donate 5 cents for each comment!

If you fee like surfing some more, check out Cory at http://zestycook.com/zesty-reaches-100-posts-giveaway-time/. He is giving away $100 for celebrating his 100 posts! He has AMAZING recipes too!

Now on to me:

Body:
My foot still hurts but not as much as yesterday- I have noticed this knee twisting, toe pain the last week only on days I run so I know that it's connected to that. I feel okay ( my knee feels " twisty" but doesn't hurt) while I run though, its always after.
I am not sure what to do about it yet, other than rest from running. It's actually the opposite knee that got "dislocated" in August.
I think I will do strength training: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Hammies and then for Cardio just do elliptical and bike. Nothing compares to getting in a good run for cardio though.

* Still looking at new gyms, but I think I am trying to wait for the best deal. With new year's coming up, I'm not sure if deals will get better or worse because of demand.*


Mind:
- suduko suduko suduko- I am almost finished with my book of puzzles, I will have to switch to online.

Soul:
I miss Jeff already, he left at 5:45am this morning and I could not fall back asleep once he left! I eventually did but it took forever. So here is my list of things I would like to do over break, some more immediate than others

More in The Next Few Days:

  • Throw out or sell old clothes
  • Get rid of all the crap stuff in my clothing room. I have all kinds of fitness magazines, accessories that I don't use/need, just junk that I want to pitch.
  • Hang up 8 x 10 photos from Oregon, I had these done in September and Still haven't hung them up
  • Get a Job- ideas so far:
    • Bath and Body Works,
    • Mariposa (school I taught for the past two years+ left this fall),
    • at the Mall ?,
    • at a Weight loss center ( I think I would love this because I could actually network with people, use what I learn, and for man new years resolutions- they might need someone )
    • At GNC ( I used to work there in college)
    • At a gym ( discount on membership WOULD be nice... and same thing with needing staff .. i could keep hours through spring sememster ?)
  • Sign Up for the Volunteer Program ( THANKS EMILY!) . Jeff's coworker Emily has taken a few nutrition courses and volunteers at an organization that educates those in need about better nutrition, etc. Its kind of like community health advisors only volunteer. SO COOL!

A Little More Long Term in the Next Few Weeks:

  • Study Metabolism over Break.... I know... but it would be nice to get a jump start on Lipids and Proteins. The course I just finished the exam for last night continues in a Part 2 for spring.
  • Look For/Purchase Coffee table, End tables, Lamps , Chair/Chaise ( Maybe drive to IKEA... nearest is a few states away)
  • Change blog template- maybe change blog Domain- I want something where I can put in sections and Organize it because it feels so reader-unfriendly to me. I just haven't had time or know-how to look up and find out how to do it all.
  • THESIS! I need to start my thesis- hopefully before summer so that means next semester

  • Happy Thursday To All!

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Ooh excited to see the new template if you do! I love messing with that kind of stuff =). I'm thinking of tweaking mine around..

    Thanks so much for your recent comment on my blog! You definitely got it right - that I will be lessening the intensity of the photographs of the tiny nibbles even.

    Happy Thursday!!

    -Mads

    Anonymous said...

    I am a huge Soduko person! Commuting in the AM takes about 1 hour in public transport, so this is my best companion!

    Erica said...

    So glad the fall semester is over! How exciting! I can never watch scary movies when Josh is leaving either! Glad you had a relaxing night- looks like you have a ton on your to do list!

    Anonymous said...

    aww super cute plate!