About Me

My photo
I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Nutrition and requirements for Registered Dietician R.D. I plan to run my first full marathon in 2009. This blog is about everything I learn, eat, and do along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mish Mosh Lunch and Chicken Salad Dinner

Lunch:

003

Asparagus spears in sicilian sauce with a little cheese (Sargento Reduced Fat Mexican)

002

Apple crisp sprinkled with cheese, I heard about apple pies with cheddar on top and figured I'd give it a whirl. Honestly, it was delicious but you couldn't taste the cheese at all.

001

On the side I had a chobani nonfat greek Strawberry Yogurt with half of a whole wheat British Muffin.

The Snowman says "Yay!"


Dinner:

Super Easy Super Healthy Chicken Salad

005

Ingredients:
I sliced up red grapes, length wise (about 2 cups)
Chopped Organic Celery Hearts ( I used 1 bunch)
1 green onion chopped
Boiled Chicken Breasts... (I did three here and it took about 20 minutes). let them cool, then pulled the chicken apart and into the bowl ( boiling makes it super easy to pull apart for "shredded chicken" )
Then I binded everything with:
1 container of Chobani Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt ( the 5.3 oz size , but I could have used the bigger tub)
1 big Tablespoon Helmann's Fat Free Mayonaisse ( its about 25 calories, 0 g fat)
Salt
Cracked Black Pepper
Stir and let sit in the fridge for about 2 hours.
That whole bowl ( it is big! it holds 8 cups) is total less than 600 calories, 108 g protein, No Fat ( well, about 1 g from the chicken but i took off what I could see). It also offers fruit, veggies, and calcium!

It was delicious!
I used a whole wheat wrap and added sliced purple cabbage, sliced raw almonds and hot sauce!

009

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your chicken salad looks great! Thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Ive heard about the apple pie + cheese thing too. Still havent tried it though!

I bought ingredients for your frosting recipe today!! Do you think I can still make it even if I dont have beaters? As in, can I make it by hand?

Thanks!
Mads

Anonymous said...

Love your blog =) First glanced at the recipe and thought…too many ingredients…then when I got to the photo I immediately went back to the recipe and took notes. Yummy and delicious.

I’ve been doing a similar salad. I usually don’t have grapes so I use diced apple and a little cinnamon instead. Then I use either honey or mustard…or both to flavor.

Thanks for a great recipe, and thanks for your comment.

B_Hlthy said...

s&H: no prob! i hate mayo so I never made it until i discovered yogurt!

Mads: It was good but I was suprised that i didnt get any cheese "flava". Re: Frosting- you can do the outside FO SHO without beaters... However, the inside whipped may/may not come out well. The problem with whipping cream is that it needs high speed to whip up- I have a tough time because my wrists have always been insanely weak- I think you can whip it by hand with a whisk-but it will probably take longer- do you have a whisk?

Fitness Surfer: Thanks! I love yours too I WISH I COULD LEARN TO SURF! we are an 1.5 hr from the beach but I always get too scared to go in the ocean!

If there is one thing you should know about me- I HATE complicated recipes! I almost NEVER do anything with too much in it. I liked it since it was all "healthy" ingredients and I usually do apples like you but ran out! Thank you for your comment!!